• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Law Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spade

What is the name of your state? NY
My cousin (15) was arrested for fighting along with another person(17). My cousin was charge with 2nd assault and was sent to family court. He was at juvenile court few weeks ago and the charges that was against him was totally different from what the cops states. Basically there're about 10 counts of charges. Basically i believe the charges are according to the statement that the victim made. What will happen next ? should we keep the public assign attorney or get a private one ? THanks

HomeGuru

spade said:
What is the name of your state? NY
My cousin (15) was arrested for fighting along with another person(17). My cousin was charge with 2nd assault and was sent to family court. He was at juvenile court few weeks ago and the charges that was against him was totally different from what the cops states. Basically there're about 10 counts of charges. Basically i believe the charges are according to the statement that the victim made. What will happen next ? should we keep the public assign attorney or get a private one ? THanks
**A: what do you mean "should we?" This involves your cousin andn ot you. Your cousin's parents or legal guardians should be handling these matters.

S

spade

Re: Re: Juvenile Law Questions

HomeGuru said:
**A: what do you mean "should we?" This involves your cousin andn ot you. Your cousin's parents or legal guardians should be handling these matters.
Im trying to help them out too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">