• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kitsap County WA is CROOKED!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krokside county

What is the name of your state? WA

If a search warrant inside my home DOES NOT include the rights to search safes and there is not a seperate search warrant for each safe, can they LEGALLY break them open and charge me for the items that they found in there? If the search warrant is for id theft items such as c/c's, checks, id's, etc... and they have a list of items that they are looking for, but they take 87 items that are nowhere on their list, is that legal? Also, what about the items that they take for themselves? There is no record of it on the search warrant, but your stuff is gone after they were here. What's up with that??? I need some serious help with this case. They are MORE CROOKED THAN THE ONE'S BEING ACCUSSED!!!!!
KITSAP COUNTY, WA COPS AND DETECTIVES ARE VERY DIRTY!!! BE CAREFULL.

FlyingRon

The stuff listed in a search warrant for search is usually pretty vague.
What makes you think they need to tell you where they are going to look on the warrant?
All you need is to reasonably expect to find it there (e.g., if they were looking for a 60"
television, opening up a safe it can't possibly be inside would be improper). In your case, I suspect they were looking for things like credit cards and ID's which one would reasonably expect to find inside a safe.

They should provide a list of what they took. If not you should pursue it with your lawyer.

racer72

Why is it that those that have no problem breaking the law scream the loudest when the shoe is on the other foot? I have seen many judges in Washington agree that a search warrant includes the domicile and all contents, there is no requirement for separate warrants for safes or other locked items. As far as the items not listed on a warrant, they can take them if the police believe use of the items was part of the crimes being investigated or could be used in the commision of a crime. The cops are not evil and did nothing wrong. You are the one that screwed up, quit blaming others because you are a loser.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? WA

If a search warrant inside my home DOES NOT include the rights to search safes and there is not a seperate search warrant for each safe, can they LEGALLY break them open and charge me for the items that they found in there? If the search warrant is for id theft items such as c/c's, checks, id's, etc... and they have a list of items that they are looking for, but they take 87 items that are nowhere on their list, is that legal? Also, what about the items that they take for themselves? There is no record of it on the search warrant, but your stuff is gone after they were here. What's up with that??? I need some serious help with this case. They are MORE CROOKED THAN THE ONE'S BEING ACCUSSED!!!!!
KITSAP COUNTY, WA COPS AND DETECTIVES ARE VERY DIRTY!!! BE CAREFULL.
The poster has gone onto several different forums under different names.

So far, he's unable to attract anyone to his bandwagon.

tranquility

Almost every search warrant I've seen includes something along the lines of "Utility, phone or property tax bills and statements or like indicia of ownership." (While the specific wording is not key, the idea is.) This is for two reasons. One is to get proof over who owns or has rights to possession of the property. The second is to make sure the warrant asks for something so small that it can be found in most any area. The police can then look in a drawer, in a safe or in a teeny, tiny box--as long as the indicia of ownership can be found there.

If the search warrant was looking only for a stolen automobile, then the police could not look in a small safe. If they are looking for money or drugs or paper records or indicia of ownership, they sure 'nuff can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">