• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

KNOWINGLY had me falsely arrested!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IAmGrateful

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?ALABAMA.
But I live in BLOUNT COUNTY, Alabama. (Any attorney who has been to court in BLOUNT County should understand why I included that info.)

At sixty years old I became disabled and my home was foreclosed on. Due to
an error that the mortgage holder failed to correct, another lot I owned, but had sold to my brother several years back, which is located next to the mortgaged property was wrongly included in the foreclosure.

(While this information is NOT the problem I'm seeking help with, it is relevant.)

My neighbor bought my foreclosed home from the bank and informed me that
my brother's property (where I had moved into a mobile home temporarily) was also included and he now owned it too!

When he had me served with notice to vacate that property, I took it to court to let a judge decide ownership of the property. While the case was still being heard, I moved the mobile home to another piece of property I own.

While I was out of town for several days setting up the mobile home, SOMEONE broke open my storage unit (that was still on the property involved in the court case to determine ownership) and scattered out my belongings. The neighbor was seen going through my things, stealing many of my belongings and burning many others. When another neighbor, (who is my closest friend) and my daughter ask him what he was doing, he replied: "My attorney said when the trailer was moved, anything left on the property belongs to me." Let me say again, the case was still being heard at that
time!

Among the things he burned were my original hard copies of letters and documents to and from the mortgage holder, that would help prove in court that property should not have been included in the foreclosure and therefore should not have been sold to him.

Needless to say without those documents I lost the case and the property.(Again, this is all relevant as you will see)

I sent the neighbor a bill for my belongings that he either stole or burned.

While waiting for him to respond I continued to set up the mobile home.
Rather than digging up and moving the existing temporary power pole I had bought and installed for the mobile home on that property, I just removed the electric meter holder box and conduit I had bought and installed on that pole and re-installed them on a new pole at the new location.

Now, the problem

A month after getting the bill for my belongings the neighbor's wife (HE's in drug rehab) had me arrested and I was PUT IN JAIL!!! For Criminal Trespass and Theft Of Property (For taking MY OWN meter box and conduit!)

HERE are THE FACTS.
The power pole and meter box was NOT located on the property they now own! Further, since they put four foot high steel stakes and bright orange string up to mark their property line, she KNEW THIS!

The pole is on MY SISTER'S property, and is very clearly over three feet away from their stakes, string and property line! There is NO WAY she COULDN'T know that pole is NOT ON THEIR PROPERTY!

I'm sixty years old and never had any kind of problem with the law, not even in my youth, and now I have a police record for the rest of my life due to this woman's spitefulness and false police report!

Being on disability, I'm unable to afford an attorney, so I will have to sell what few personal belongings I still have, to hire one. But before I do, I would just like to have some idea of what remedy, if any, I'm entitled to.

Friends tell me to have her arrested for filing a false police report and sue her for putting me in jail and for my attorney fees to defend myself on the false charges that she filed. (But she was born and raised here and everyone knows and likes her father.) And YES, that does make a difference in BLOUNT COUNTY.

They also say I should have her husband arrested for Theft Of Property, Destruction Of Private Property, Criminal Trespass and Destroying Evidence in a Court Case. But the people telling me to do this ARE NOT LAWYERS. I need PROFESSIONAL opinions, PLEASE. What can and should I do?

Your help, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

WELL, AFTER....

5 DAYS
and
0 REPLIES

I guess no LAWYERS visit this site! Everybody tell your friends not to bother coming here.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">