• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

winksdr

ct. a boy at our home said she stole his money from his wallet. the police came and arrested her.

Now he says he is mistaken and she didn't take his money. can he recan't? or does it have to go to court.

Antigone*

ct. a boy at our home said she stole his money from his wallet. the police came and arrested her.

Now he says he is mistaken and she didn't take his money. can he recan't? or does it have to go to court.
Did he find the "stolen" money?

Antigone*

no, he remembered he left it home. I do think he was high.
Maybe he should go to the police department and tell them this: "I was totally high on drugs when I falsely accused this girl of stealing the money I need for drugs. I found my money and bought my drugs. Can you please let her go now?"

winksdr

I don't appreciate the sarcasm. He is willing to tell the police he was mistaken. I doubt hes going to admit he was high or he used the money for drugs.

GonzoFL

Well he should "man up" and tell the police he was mistaken. I know we are not getting the whole story here....but I'm surprised they even arrested the accused,but that's beside the point.

winksdr

He says he is going too. My question is this. will the court date go away or does it still go to court. Its such a waste of everyone's time. The police in this town have nothing better to do. They knew it was bull****. They like to arrest people. The officer even told me on the phone after they arrested her. this whole thing could have been avoided.

Antigone*

He says he is going too. My question is this. will the court date go away or does it still go to court. Its such a waste of everyone's time. The police in this town have nothing better to do. They knew it was bull****. They like to arrest people. The officer even told me on the phone after they arrested her. this whole thing could have been avoided.
We cannot tell you whether or not this will go away, this will be left up to the district attorney's office. In fact they may even seek charges for filing a false police report. You are right about one thing though, the whole situation could have been completely avoided had the accuser not fried his brain.:rolleyes:

dave33

He should be careful here and choose his words carefully.What statement did he give the police to get her arrested?Did he say he saw her stealing it? It's very unlikely they made an arrest because he said it was likely she stole it.If, he lied and said he actually witnessed the crime he should be prepared to face charges himself.It's about damage control now. Try not to make things worse.

cyjeff

Oh, so when YOU call the police and report a theft and they have the thief in front of them, you want the police to just let the thief go?

They had an eye witness that reported a theft. Exactly what did you THINK was going to happen.

"They like to arrest people." Kid, you are an idiot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">