• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawrat give me the facts - PLEASE!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

atwitsend

You will see two other postings done earlier in this section. My Husbands Son ( which I consider like my Own), has showed up at our house and has Two felony Warrants (one in Tx. and One in CA.) and him and his father are putting off the inevitible. Can we be arrested if they come to this house looking for him ( I refuse to lie for him)?? His father is VERY ILL (on transplant List for Liver) and I am worried sick. I know he needs to step up to the plate and take the punishment but talking to them is like talking to the wall. Also am I correct in saying the Longer they wait the worst it will be on him? Thanks for your time - atwitsend

JETX

If you don't mind my $0.02 worth, I offer the following:

1) Yes, you might be putting yourself in 'trouble' in allowing him to stay with you while knowing that a warrant is outstanding. This is considered 'harboring or abetting a fugitive'.

2) Unless the warrant was issued for some particularly heinous crime (murder of police officer, child involvement, etc.), I don't believe that the eventual arrest would be 'worse'.

My suggestion:
If you are concerned about possible repercussions for an arrest in your home, you can make an 'anonymous' call to the local authorities and let them know information on the car he is driving, or where he is going when he goes out.

Best of luck to you in this surely trying situation...

A

atwitsend

To Halket

Thanks once again and no I don't mind. But this young man won't leave the house!! He is petrified. He dug the hole and now we might be thrown in with him! They are trying to make a deal with the victim - which may or may not help is cases (which is truly up to the judge and DA). In the meantime I am on pins and needles knowing they could come here and take my husband who is to sick and myself to jail for the charges you mentioned, I am correct -Right? He has ticked off several Law enforcement agenicies! I can't talk sense to neither one of them! What would your suggestion be since he won't leave the house? Thanks Again! Atwitsend

JETX

Hard to believe that he won't even leave the house. Hell, demand that he go buy a loaf of bread, then sic the cops on him. And if he won't go out, you might consider having yourself and your husband go out for dinner or a movie. Have the PD move in while you are gone.

If he won't even do that, and you asked what would I do, I would call the police and say come get him. Otherwise, there is a possibility that you and your husband could be charged with harboring or abetting (highly unlikely, but possible).

And, assuming that he is no longer a minor, it would be for his own good that he learn to grow up and accept responsibility for his actions. And you might just need to help him admit it..... Call the PD and let them have him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">