• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving the state while under a beach warrant..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

babygirl0485

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I recieved a ticket last summer for minor drinking and I got sentenced to pay 200 dollars by
January and well I forgot about it till now..and then I got a ticket in december and didnt show up to court so they forced me to pay almost 850 dollars in full by a certain time and well i couldnt pay that so now I have two bench warrants I think and I am leaving for Florida in a week..now I wont be driving so what I was actually wondring is if the aiport will keep me from leaving the state annd if they have any way of knowing if I have bench warrants..if you need to know I am leaving from Ohare chicago airport..If anyone could help me please let me know!Thanks!What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

babygirl0485 said:

I recieved a ticket last summer for minor drinking and I got sentenced to pay 200 dollars by
January and well I forgot about it till now..and then I got a ticket in december and didnt show up to court so they forced me to pay almost 850 dollars in full by a certain time and well i couldnt pay that so now I have two bench warrants I think and I am leaving for Florida in a week..now I wont be driving so what I was actually wondring is if the aiport will keep me from leaving the state annd if they have any way of knowing if I have bench warrants..if you need to know I am leaving from Ohare chicago airport..If anyone could help me please let me know!Thanks!What is the name of your state?
Grow up and take care of your legal issues...Or someday they WILL bite you in the butt....

babygirl0485

Actually I have taken care of some of the issues to let you know but since I wasnt able to pay the 850 one ON TIME I still have a bench warrant..you still didn't answer my question but thanks for your .02 i guess...

Just Blue

babygirl0485 said:
Actually I have taken care of some of the issues to let you know but since I wasnt able to pay the 850 one ON TIME I still have a bench warrant..you still didn't answer my question but thanks for your .02 i guess...

They could stop you at either airport ...you would be place in jail and the police that issued the warrent would come and get you...or maybe they won't ....but you will have to sit in jail and wait..and wait...and wait...and EVERYTIME you have an incounter with the police they will take you to jail and you will wait...and wait...and wait..till the police decide if they want to get you...

So you see this might get a little tiresome...;)

AHA

babygirl0485 said:

Here's an idea:
Cancel your Florida trip/move and use all that money to pay your debts.

babygirl0485

Ok i appreciate the contructive criticism but can someone just answer my question please?? I came here to ask a question and so far no one has answered it. I didnt even pay for the trip everything is paid for...and Im not cancelling because my sister is getting married there so can someone please answer my question thats all I want.

AHA

babygirl0485 said:
Ok i appreciate the contructive criticism but can someone just answer my question please?? I came here to ask a question and so far no one has answered it. I didnt even pay for the trip everything is paid for...and Im not cancelling because my sister is getting married there so can someone please answer my question thats all I want.
You got an answer from Bay, no one can predict what will happen at the airport.

Just Blue

babygirl0485 said:
I answered the question...What I told you in my second post is what could happen..

babygirl0485

No I know that but all I was wondring is if when you check in they can search ur name or drivers license number and see if u have any warrants...i might not have made that clear...

Just Blue

babygirl0485 said:
No I know that but all I was wondring is if when you check in they can search ur name or drivers license number and see if u have any warrants...i might not have made that clear...

Yes then can...Will they...Who knows? Call the court and find out what you need to do to get this taken care of...Maybe it won't be as bad as you think! Otherwise you will be looking over you shoulder ...and that has GOT to bite!

babygirl0485

Yeah...i have been talking to a few of my friends...for once i hate not having friends who ARENT in trouble with the law cuz none of them can answer my questions lol...I was talking to a guy that was on a bench warrant once and he said that unless you act suspicious or if you having something on you that would make them want to search your background they probably wont..ahhh this is all very nerve racking

Just Blue

babygirl0485 said:
Yeah...i have been talking to a few of my friends...for once i hate not having friends who ARENT in trouble with the law cuz none of them can answer my questions lol...I was talking to a guy that was on a bench warrant once and he said that unless you act suspicious or if you having something on you that would make them want to search your background they probably wont..ahhh this is all very nerve racking

Yeah...always a good thing to seek legal advice from a criminal...:rolleyes:

babygirl0485

Just because he had one bench warrant before doesn't make him a criminal..he had an unpaid parking ticket...and plus his girlfriend works at an airport so he might no more than you'd think;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">