• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is This Legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troubleagain

What is the name of your state? TEXAS
i WAS PULLED OVERIN A FRIENDS CAR,THERE WAS A PIPE WITH POT IN IT AND ROACHES.THE COP WAS A CHILDHOOD FRIEND AND LET ME GO BUT I HAD TO TALK TO THE CHIEF OF POLICE.I WAS NOT WROTE A TICKET AND WAS NOT GIVEN ANYTHING SAYING WHAT HAD HAPPENED OR WHAT WAS FOUND. I CALLED THE CHIEF 3 DAYS LATER AND HE TOLD 3 OPTIONS.GO BUY CRACK FROM A DEALER FOR THE LAW,OR PAY A FINE OF 585.00
WHAT CAN I DO OR WHAT CAN THE LAW DO? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

The Occultist

To get the most help possible, you will want to make sure to use correct grammar and spelling, and also keep in mind that typing in all caps like that is considered "yelling" on the internet, and is indeed quite rude.

That being said, you said you were given 3 options, but you only provided 2. The "law" as at least a year to file formal charges against you, which is a long time, so they can change their minds at any time. Also, as for being a "rat" for the police, I tend to advise to never ever ever do it.

every1sbuddy

im not legal expert or anything and Im just browsing the forums.. but it looks like he wants you either 1) snitch on a dealer 2) pay a fine but you havent given the other option which i assume is to go to jail

If i were you, I would take option 2.. doin a sting operation which could be dangerous. Never trust cops honestly... they try to coax you to do things for them. Paying the fine hurts no one but yourself. If you dont have the money.. see if you can take a loan. I hope this helps. Hopefully someone with more experience can help you man.

The Occultist

Right. Don't do the sting.

But, don't pay anything until you've been to court and a judge has ordered you to do so. Most courts are usually more than willing to set up a payment plan for you to pay it off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">