• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal for the cops just to stop you for no reason?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jon27socali

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

My girlfriend was walking into the gas station and cop was coming out and said hey there, why dont you step over here for a minute. He said she had been drinking. So he put her in the back of the car and waited for the girl cop to arrive. She wasn't drinking at all, never did any alcohol tests, but then said she was tweaking. She had a room key on her and they were trying to get her to let them search her room. She said no. Then the girl cop came and searched her and didn't find anything but were insisting she had something and wanted to go to her room. Then the girl cop stuck her finger up my girlfriends vagina, while in front of the gas station and in the back of the car. She did find a 20 bag of meth. Is it legal for the cop to stick her finger up her vagina in public like that? Well they ended up taking her in for under the influence and posession charge. It was about 5pm in the afternoon. This was thursday the 3rd and she is still in waiting to go to court on the 7th?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

My girlfriend was walking into the gas station and cop was coming out and said hey there, why dont you step over here for a minute. He said she had been drinking. So he put her in the back of the car and waited for the girl cop to arrive. She wasn't drinking at all, never did any alcohol tests, but then said she was tweaking. She had a room key on her and they were trying to get her to let them search her room. She said no. Then the girl cop came and searched her and didn't find anything but were insisting she had something and wanted to go to her room. Then the girl cop stuck her finger up my girlfriends vagina, while in front of the gas station and in the back of the car. She did find a 20 bag of meth. Is it legal for the cop to stick her finger up her vagina in public like that? Well they ended up taking her in for under the influence and posession charge. It was about 5pm in the afternoon. This was thursday the 3rd and she is still in waiting to go to court on the 7th?
Tweakers are not always that hard to spot. I do have to say that your story of how this occurred is out there and does not seem believable. Get the tweaker girlfriend an attorney and rehab.

CdwJava

An intrusive search like you describe would not be permissible. If this happened, she needs to obtain an attorney and move for suppression - and, she needs to make a complaint against the officer that did that.

However, I strongly suspect that the officer's account will be a wee bit different ... unless the officer's are poorly trained in searches and actually did such a thing.

Oh, and it is not all that difficult to spot someone who is tweaking. So, if the officer can articulate good cause to believe she was high, a detention and, perhaps, even an arrest can be justified.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">