• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Entrance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmdavis_2

What is the name of your state? Texas

The Police came to my house while I was out shopping. I came home, to be face to face with a police Officer drawing his gun at me. The Officer said that there was a 911 call placed at my house. They met me in my livingroom. Nobody had been at my house to make a 911 call. The officer said he had "probable cause". So he and the other officer had the right to enter my house. Is this legal?

-MarkWhat is the name of your state?

justalayman

If there was actually a 911 call, then yes. It is considered an exigent circumstance and because of this they could have reason to believe that there was life or limb in jeopardy and would be allowed to enter.

The bigger question though; Are there any other consequences of them coming into your home?? Are there charges pending against you because of this??

dmdavis_2

No, I just kinda upset at them taken the door down. But they did say some things that would be hidden well, and that a "911 Check" would not search. Like things behind a computer, that a cat would have trouble getting in. Much less a person!

Thanks

Mark

justalayman

If you feel you have had your civil rights violated, consult a local attorney to check into it.

You seem a bit suspicious of the police in this situation. If they had no justifiaction then what they did was wrong and should be held to answer ofr it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">