• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal or Not??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thehill2004

felony possession of Meth

What is the name of your state? Missouri I was at work when the police were called on a domestic (boss & wife) As they were being transported to jail, my boss handed me the keys and told me to lock up. Approsimately 5 minutes later 2 officers approached me and ask if I would empty my pockets to see if my boss had handed me anything illegal. I complied and there was nothing, however during the time I was emptying my pockets, one of the officers started going through my wrecker and found a set of scales. I was arrested for "possession of meth". Was this legal?? (I did not give any consent to a search of my vehicle)

Last edited:

outonbail

one of the officers started going through my wrecker and found a set of scales. I
was arrested for "possession of meth".
I don't believe they would have charged you with possession if they only found a scale, a paraphernalia charge possibly, but why charge for a controlled substance if there was none?

Are you the owner of the tow truck or your boss? Is his wife also an owner of the business? Could one of them have given permission? Were they fighting because they ran out of meth?

More to this story I'm sure.........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">