• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

badflats

What is the name of your state?california
is it legal or illegal for a person to bring another person their persciption medicine? (long version) girlfriend was asked if she could bring roommates son his adhd prescription medicine to roommates boyfriend lived, as a convience to the roommate. Girlfriend agrees. On route to roomates boyfriends house, girlfriend is stopped by the local police. Reason for stop, dim license plate light (not). Girlfriend has her two children with her, ages 6 & 9. Girlfriend can't find registration paperwork, but tags on plate are current. But this is probable cause for search of vehicle. The time is 9:30 pm sunday night. Upon vehicle search and purse, low and behold make a huge discover of a prescription bottle with adhd medicine (5 or 6 pills). Of course they called poison control and narcotics to identify this huge discover, as well as three other backup squad cars. Nobody thought to read the label for identification. So I get a phone call at about 10:30 to come pick up my girlfriends kids because they're arresting my girlfriend. They were 1 block from my house. I drive down the street to meet with officer. I couldn't miss them cause there were so many flashing lights you'd think the terrorist had struck. Upon arriving I ask to speak to whomever is in charge. I ask the arresting officer what the charge was on my girlfriend. He told me possesion of a control substance. A bottle of pills. I said, you mean the prescription adhd pills. He said whatever. I then called the roommate and told her what was going on. She was a few blocks away and was willing to come and straighten everything out. Meantime, girlfriend is freaking out, never been to jail before. Kids were crying, scared to death. I got four cops in my face interigating me. I asked the arresting officer if the roomate came down here right now, and could verify my girlfriends story (which would include a birth certificate of roommates son who the perscription was for) could we work this thing out. (I should of know you can't reason with a cop whos mind is made up. I was then told to leave or I'd be arrested for abstruction. Keep in mind the kids are witnessing this whole thing. After being jerked around most of the night, I finally get here out at 4:30 a.m. on $250.00 bail. She has a court date, but it not clear what the charge is. Was this a bad dream or is there something wrong here. So like I asked at the very beginning, is it legal or illegal to take someone their prescription medicine.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

badflats said:
is it legal or illegal for a person to bring another person their persciption medicine?
And the rest of the story? I just took my son his antibiotic, and I believe that is legal. :rolleyes:

bsokee

Seems that it's obvious that there would be no reason to seek legal advice for giving medication to your own child. You might get better results by a medical chat site. I hope I didn't offend you. I would be interested hearing your quest. You may send me a mess.

Last edited:

Heather2

badflats said:
is it legal or illegal for a person to bring another person their persciption medicine?
Do you mean just pick it up from Wallgreens or what? That's legal.

If you mean to share your medication it is illegal. Only the person for whom it is prescribed for can take the medicine. If they are caught with it they will be arrested.

Last edited:

bsokee

To Tyson-bird

It is nice to see there are members who don't make you feel like SOME on here. I think discussions about what you can do or things you might consider are the things people needadvice & what they want to hear & EXPECT to hear from this awardwinning site. But if advice givers like Paridise, & I could name a number of others, continue to embaress & degrade people who come here with good intentions; soon will see that this place will be out of business. To the original post, as I stated before, if you think a person who has such a ridiculous disclaimer as this, would be better off seeking advice at ask jeeves, or any chat room, cause let me tell u how unaware of what she thinks she's fooling. I believe if I was in charge of this website, she'd been gone several days ago when she went off on some post that got mighty nasty. :eek:

Last edited:

HomeGuru

unawareangel said:
It is nice to see there are members who don't make you like SOME on here. I think discussions about what you can do or things you might consider are the things people needadvice & what they want to hear & EXPECT to hear from this awardwinning site. But if advice givers like Paridise, & I could name a number of others, continue to embaress & degrade people who come here with good intentions; soon will see thatthis place will be out of business. To the original post, as I stated before, if you think a person who has such a ridiculous disclaimer as this, would be better off seeking advice at ask jeeves, or any chat room, cause let me tell u how unaware she thinks she's fooling. I believe if I was in charge of this website, she'd been gone several days ago when she went off on some post that got mighty nasty.

**A: hey, just read your post. That says it all.

Shay-Pari'e

unawareangel said:
It is nice to see there are members who don't make you feel like SOME on here. I think discussions about what you can do or things you might consider are the things people needadvice & what they want to hear & EXPECT to hear from this awardwinning site. But if advice givers like Paridise, & I could name a number of others, continue to embaress & degrade people who come here with good intentions; soon will see that this place will be out of business. I doubt that.

To the original post, as I stated before, if you think a person who has such a ridiculous disclaimer as this, would be better off seeking advice at ask jeeves, or any chat room, cause let me tell u how unaware of what she thinks she's fooling. That made no sense, but in any event,.......My disclaimer is really none of your business.

I believe if I was in charge of this website, she'd been gone several days ago when she went off on some post that got mighty nasty. :eek: But you are not. You must be a banned troll, as you never even asked a question. You came on board to jump in and insult people.

As for HG's reply, I cannot answer for him, but I have a feeling that is not what he was saying.

Thank's for being a fan.

Shay-Pari'e

unawareangel said:
A troll? Then quit trip trapping over my bridge.
Umm, are you in need of medication? Do you think you could..."NOT" make more sense?

Who's Trip Trapping Over My Bridge? A language lesson created for day 57 of the 180 day sequence. A hands on experience for students to learn how to ask questions. The students will be using stick character puppets to reenact a favorite folk tale--"Three Billy Goats Gruff."

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

#12 Yesterday, 04:41 PM
unawareangel
Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, baystategirl

you really want to see them get fired up, private mess. me & you'll know what to do!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=289336

They are just trolling Bay.

So, Unaware,............Why are you PMing people about getting me fired up on a post I completely forgot about, and only posted once too?

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

So, what banned troll are you? This is a interesting PM you sent another member.

0riginally Posted by unawareangel
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxx
okay angel...what is it we should do??

xxxxxxx

First, u need to know that we'll probably get banned, but that's ok, cuz u can get back on as a different name. It took me to bait them with a quest. on why they couldn't give or respond with some decent advice to get the ball rolling. Several other pissed people joined in , but somehow I must get back at Paridise. She' s the idiot. She only responds with sarcastic remarks. I've never seen her give anything that has to do with law. When I told her i got her to finally respond to me 9 times & all weren't even about law, she went nuts!!!! She got her friends to give me the boot. But, what pissed me off is that she posted my info, & stated my profession,{a teacher} & made fun of me & all kinds of sarcastic remarks about me being a teacher, & I slammed her ass so bad, that I was threatened to remove my thread, but I didn't. The fun was being just as rude to her & watching her go nuts!!!!LOL But, do what u want. I'll help if u want! She really loses her composure when u jab back in a nice, but irritating way. It was the most fun I'd ever had on this site. But, it worked! I finally got the stupid fools to respond & that was my main goal! When she reponds to somthing you are tellng someone else, tell her u aren't talking to her, so she needs to butt out. She called me a banned troll! Now what kind of law term is that???
She also said that Mickey Mouse gave me my diploma, & I corrected her by stating it was Minnie actually!!! I just wish I could have seen her face. They need web cam on this site! If your willing, go for it!!

unawareangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">