• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal obligations...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kjw4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

I would like to know if I have any legal obligations in this situation: I have a 19 year old son who I know is not following his court requirements. It's my understanding that he now has a warrant. He's living in my home. I recently had a Sheriffs deputy ask me if he still lived here (small town). I told him yes, so I figure that if they want him they know where to get him. Do I have any obligations in knowing/believing they want him?

Ty0604

He's a legal adult so I would assume it's not your responsibility to know if he's wanted or not. You're not trying to hide him from the police... If they want him bad enough and know he's living with you, I'm sure they'll be showing up. I'm no expert, just my opinion on the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">