• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CookiesBell

What is the name of your state? Utah

My 18 year old daughter in on a date. The 18 year old young man has one headlight out and is pulled over. Cop see drivers licence age as 18, smells tobacco which is illegal in Utah until 19. Uses the tobacco smell as reason to search the car, but also searches my daughters purse. Is that legal procedure?

Thanks

H

hexeliebe

Yes, based on probable cause to believe a crime has been committed (minor in possession of tobacco).

S

Sass35546

Sorry.............how do I post a question?

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

You click on "new Message", start your own thread and do not hijack this one :D

HomeGuru

CookiesBell said:
What is the name of your state? Utah

My 18 year old daughter in on a date. The 18 year old young man has one headlight out and is pulled over. Cop see drivers licence age as 18, smells tobacco which is illegal in Utah until 19. Uses the tobacco smell as reason to search the car, but also searches my daughters purse. Is that legal procedure?

Thanks
**A: and what did the cop find in your daughter's purse?

M

Mr. Friendly

What would give the pig the idea that her daughter is a minor? I do believe your daughter should have a good ol' U.S. of A. constitutional right/expectation of privacy. See, in order for a cop to take away your 5th ammendment, which is what he is doing other wise he would be violating her 4th constitutional right because in order for him to conduct a warrantless search, he would have to have more than just being able to maybe smelling tobacco in order for him make a warrantless arrest. He can't automatically assume your daughter isn't younger than 19 anyway. Cops aren't allowed, but will do whatever they want, to conduct a search in your daughters purse without an incident to arrest or her consent. Your daughter and everyone else who is a citizen has constitutional rights to protect us from letting our gov. get too much power over us but if we have no knowledge of these rights, then the more the cops and our system will take take them away. If you choose not to educate yourself and others about these rights, then you really don't even have any rights and this really isn't a country ran by the people for the people:(

HomeGuru

Mr. Friendly said:
What would give the pig the idea that her daughter is a minor? I do believe your daughter should have a good ol' U.S. of A. constitutional right/expectation of privacy. See, in order for a cop to take away your 5th ammendment, which is what he is doing other wise he would be violating her 4th constitutional right because in order for him to conduct a warrantless search, he would have to have more than just being able to maybe smelling tobacco in order for him make a warrantless arrest. He can't automatically assume your daughter isn't younger than 19 anyway. Cops aren't allowed, but will do whatever they want, to conduct a search in your daughters purse without an incident to arrest or her consent. Your daughter and everyone else who is a citizen has constitutional rights to protect us from letting our gov. get too much power over us but if we have no knowledge of these rights, then the more the cops and our system will take take them away. If you choose not to educate yourself and others about these rights, then you really don't even have any rights and this really isn't a country ran by the people for the people:(
**A: did you graduate from middle grammar school?

JETX

Mr. Friendly said:
*** Why does 'Mr. Friendly' drive all the neighbor kids to their 3rd grade class?? Because they're his classmates!!:)

M

Mr. Friendly

It sounds like jetx has some sort of sexual offender related probably a violation of his probation by expressing concerns about third grade CHILDREN. Go back in to your closet, ******

M

Mr. Friendly

By the way, I bet you didn't let your neighbors and surronding community know that you were getting released and moving back home with gay father. Get a life-- LOSER

H

hexeliebe

Mr. Friendly and third graders...

sounds like an episode of Law and Order SVU

M

Mr. Friendly

Hey Mr. HomoGuru-- I never graduated, whats your excuse? How come you seem to ask a lot of questions about nothing when all somebody is doing is trying to get a little advice? You want to act like everybodys questions on here are so pathetic, but you can't even give an answer! Why don't you go play around on your computer somewhere else like the LONER website where you can sit and tell yourself what a dumbass you are and then write yourself back and say that you know you are but what am I?

dakoto70

Question

Isn't there some way to keep the trolls off of this board? I mean once they post something so stupid can't you just kick them off? It seems we have alot of idiots taking over this board, lately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">