• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legality of LE selling illegal products

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dev

What is the name of your state? California

can law enforcement sell you illegal products without charging you for a crime?

I.E. if you bought drugs off the internet from someone who is suspected to be LE would they have to arrest you right away?

what are the rules on LE selling illegal products as part in arrests ect?

CdwJava

can law enforcement sell you illegal products without charging you for a crime?
Yes. Though I would hope that a charge would be soon coming. It's generally not a good idea to let people run around too long with illegal substances - the liability is too high.

I.E. if you bought drugs off the internet from someone who is suspected to be LE would they have to arrest you right away?
No. See above.

what are the rules on LE selling illegal products as part in arrests ect?
It depends on the state and the product, and just what is trying to be accomplished.

There are not too many local agencies involved in selling drugs on the internet ... but the feds might.

- Carl

Bravo8

Here's my take (ok, it's more of a guess):

The poster bought steroids or some other controlled substance off the multitude of websites that sell them and ship them in from overseas or Mexico. Now he's worried that the Feds will be knocking on his door shortly.

Anyway, I would think, as Carl said, that they would arrest you immediately if they actually delivered the drugs. If they were never delivered, then who knows.....but they wouldn't HAVE to charge you until the statute of limitations was almost up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">