• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Length of Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ranger56

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I have a warrant out of Redondo Beach, Ca (Torrance Court) Los Angeles County.
I was incarcerated in North Carolina DOC from June 28,2004 until April 3, 2005 (my release date). I had a detainer/warrant out of California (Redondo Beach) which kept me in medium security. Two weeks before my release date North Carolina DOC notified California (Redondo Beach) of my release date and was asked if they were coming to take me into custody. They replied NO.
My question or concern is, does this warrant sit in limbo forever? Can North Carolina continue to arrest me for a California warrant, and then let me go when they don't come to get me?Is there an avenue to ask that it be removed?
Redondo Beach is the city where the crime was committed, and Los Angeles County was the Sheriff Department involved, and Torrance Court was the court that issue the warrant.
The disposition of the case was 1 day time served, 1000 hours community service,and $1,000 fine, plus probation for 4 years. None was completed, this occurred back in and around 1995/6.
Any advice or direction to help quash this scenario would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Ranger56
The

CdwJava

As Belize said, the warrant will not expire ... it will remain active until it is either served or recalled. Chances are they won't extradite you from across the country on this, but it is always possible that you will continue to see it come back to haunt you.

And, of course, government loans, benefits, and many jobs will be unavailable to you because of the warrant.

- Carl

Ranger56

Another Question

California

Is there a way to have it recalled? What would that process be? I have written the D.A. but have never received any correspondence back (of course). I'm a person who, stupidly, thinks there's always a solution for every problem. Those who think there's not, are just settlers, or quiters.

Any advice/comments are appreciated, and I have fun reading the grim outlook of some of you.

Ranger56

CdwJava

Ranger56 said:
California

Is there a way to have it recalled? What would that process be? I have written the D.A. but have never received any correspondence back (of course). I'm a person who, stupidly, thinks there's always a solution for every problem. Those who think there's not, are just settlers, or quiters.

Any advice/comments are appreciated, and I have fun reading the grim outlook of some of you.

Ranger56
They aren't going to recall it for grins and giggles. If you hired an attorney who could go to court for you, and you agreed to pay the fines or do whatever was needed, it might be recalled pending completion of whatever you need to do. You have to answer for it one way or another.

- Carl

Kane

If you've already been sentenced, probated, and absconded, you have to go back to CA and appear in court. What happens then is up to the judge, but most likely he'll revoke the probation and give you jail time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">