• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Let the person know he has an arrest warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debbie79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hi,

Last Sunday, my ex pushed me around and I have big bruise on my arm. The next day the police did a report and there's an arrest warrant fro him.The problem is I don't know his home address so I just gave his work address which is another city.What happens if I let him know he has an arrest warrant so he can turn himself in. I just want things done because he's a soccer coach so hius schedule is hard to determine and the police can't go there everyday. Maybe I should be patient and let the police take care of this? Also he's on a visa right now until december and applied for a 3 year visa but I'll ask questions about that in the immigration topic. Thank you for your help.

justalayman

Why would you even consider contacting a guy that is going to get arrested for assaulting you?

let the police do their work.

Debbie79

Thanks for answering me. I guess it's because I can't stand the fact that I've been hurt, have to wear long sleeves or jacket in the middle of the summer because I'm ashamed of my bruise and he's just living his life like nothing, has happened. I know I should be patient but do you think the police will really try to get him? They told they put up his warrant in the police department.

justalayman

actually, you contacting the person could hurt the states case against your ex. I mean, since this guy hurt you and you have no problems contacting him, why should a jury see him as any big threat to you. It can change their attitude as to the crime.

let the cops do their work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">