• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

license plate and warrant info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khale241

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana
My questions is if i have a warrant, police get behind me and run my plate, will they pull me over if the vehicle is registered in my name? Do they see all that information if they run my tags, or do they just have a general info about the driver? Let me clarify that the warrant is from 2003 and a misdemeanor that i just found out about. Thanks for your help in advance.

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana
My questions is if i have a warrant, police get behind me and run my plate, will they pull me over if the vehicle is registered in my name? Do they see all that information if they run my tags, or do they just have a general info about the driver? Let me clarify that the warrant is from 2003 and a misdemeanor that i just found out about. Thanks for your help in advance.
No one can say what the officer or the dispatcher might run. Where I work, the dispatchers often run the names of the registered owner(s) to check for warrant ... where you live, that may not be common practice.

It might be a good idea to take care of this ASAP before you are greatly inconvenienced by it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">