• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Local Paper rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suffolk010806

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Does the newspaper have a right to post your information even if you haven't been arrested? I was in a situation after the Pats and Jags game and cops were called but no arrests were made. However, my name and address is published in the local paper and says that I was charged with assault and I was arrested even though I was not cuffed. Someone shed light please? Thank you

Just Blue

Suffolk010806 said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Does the newspaper have a right to post your information even if you haven't been arrested? I was in a situation after the Pats and Jags game and cops were called but no arrests were made. However, my name and address is published in the local paper and says that I was charged with assault and I was arrested even though I was not cuffed. Someone shed light please? Thank you
That was YOU?! :p ...sorry just a little light humor....Yes, they can publish that info...and ignore Mary...he forgot his Midol and is suffering from severe PMS...

justalayman

Mary is the site admin. She has been fighting, and apparently winning for the moment, a rogue poster.

As far as your question; the newspapers get the info from the police reports. Public info that can be published. Now if you really had not been arrested, that would be different you could go as far as requesting a retraction that would be put in the middle of page 47.

Suffolk010806

Oh thank you. I thought you were being a jerk in the other forum, I apologize. It doesn't matter anymore, about my name and address being published, my friend's mother read it already. My worry was the same punk that put a complaint against me can send other punks to my house and start trouble. That is my only worry.

I wish people were more responsible for their actions. This punk ass decided to pick on me, being a minority and an out-of-towner, and then calls the cops! Irresponsible coward is what he is. I would like to meet his father to see what kind of man raise a coward like that. I admit I acted stupid but I felt threatened being that there was two of them and just me.

justalayman

Suffolk010806 said:
Oh thank you. I thought you were being a jerk in the other forum, I apologize. It doesn't matter anymore, about my name and address being published, my friend's mother read it already. My worry was the same punk that put a complaint against me can send other punks to my house and start trouble. That is my only worry.

I wish people were more responsible for their actions. This punk ass decided to pick on me, being a minority and an out-of-towner, and then calls the cops! Irresponsible coward is what he is. I would like to meet his father to see what kind of man raise a coward like that. I admit I acted stupid but I felt threatened being that there was two of them and just me.
I was very serious in the other post. Apparently you are being charged with something. What is the charge. Post back in the other post to continue.

Shelley

What about the reverse circumstances?????

State: Louisiana

Why do some arrests NOT show up in the local papers? And who is behind that? Is it the arresting agency, the newspaper, who?

I don't think they should be allowed to cover up sex crimes at all. I feel it is in the best interest of the community & their safety to be made aware of these type of situations in particular.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">