• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shanny06978

What is the name of your state?FL
My sister was sent to jail for drug paraphanalia (she was going to plead not-guilty, but the pd scared her out of it. She had a button baggie on her, but that is another story...) and took the 30 days in jail (Appalling to any taxpayer for an empty baggie!). Here is where the story gets huge. While she's in jail, a "friend" of hers is staying at her house (which is mine) as a "favor". I get a call from the cops on Saturday, telling me they are going to get a search warrant and they wanted me to meet them there. I go and it is a homcide investigation which may or may not have taken place in this house. They search the house and tag and take a bunch of stuff. Now here is where my questions begin (well, for this forum at least!) they told my sister that she could be charged as an accessory. Is this true since she was in jail? The kid was saying he wanted to "Make this guy dissapear" to her and she kept telling him to let it go. They took the recorded calls and she told them that it will show that. She didn't take it for anything more than guy talk because the victim beat this guy up earlier that week. Also, she identified the blanket that the victim was wrapped in as the one her roomate used. After they interrogated her, they put her in isolation and she can't do anything. She doesn't even leave her cell! They threatened to make her sit there naked. She insn't suicidal or anything else. And the last thing is she is having panic attacks and they won't give her medical attention, not even a tylenol. Is this procedure legal or even civil. She is cooperating 100% and I don't think that poor judgemnt is a reason to confine anyone! She keeps saying, he was so nice... I found that Florida jail are self regulating thanks to budget cuts and that CAN'T be a good thing. Please provide any info available or any sites that may have information. Thank you very much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">