• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Low cost retail theft, just a few questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

questar1

Pennsylvania.

I was stupid and took 2 low priced items from a large chain retailer. The total value was under $100, but my citation had nothing. The back said this means I just pay $50.
The cops advised I plea guilty, so when I paid online I did.
But they cops in person talked about a court date, the payment did not, and the citation does not.
Will there be one since I paid the fine, and plead already?

Number 2, my boss was the one to pick me up after being there for about 20 minutes. Now she is saying she has to tell our district manager. Can I lose my current (retail) job over this. I have never stolen from my store before. As well, this is the first time I have ever stolen anything.

justalayman

questar1;3332031]Pennsylvania.

I was stupid and took 2 low priced items from a large chain retailer. The total value was under $100, but my citation had nothing. The back said this means I just pay $50.
But they cops in person talked about a court date, the payment did not, and the citation does not.
I would suggest contacting the clerk of the court where the offense occurred to check into the concern.
Number 2, my boss was the one to pick me up after being there for about 20 minutes. Now she is saying she has to tell our district manager. Can I lose my current (retail) job over this. I have never stolen from my store before. As well, this is the first time I have ever stolen anything.
can you? Absolutely. There is nothing unlawful about your employer firing you for this, if they do.

Eekamouse

Pennsylvania.

Did you steal from the place you work at? Why would your boss have to come get you? And I doubt this is the first time you've stolen. More likely, it's just the first time you were caught.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">