• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lying to investigator?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clydefrog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina

i'm not sure if this is the right for, if not i do apologize.

alright so a friend of mine was in an accidental car wreck, she was to avoid it all for personal friends. they called her parents house and her sister answered. basically her sister lied about her place of employment and current residence number.

can my friend get in trouble for lying?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

alright so a friend of mine was in an accidental car wreck, she was to avoid it all for personal friends. they called her parents house and her sister answered. basically her sister lied about her place of employment and current residence number.

Your post makes no sense.

ETA: But, it's never a good idea to lie to the police during the course of an investigation...

Just Blue

Huh? Is
English your second language? I ask because it is really difficult to understand what you posted and what you are trying to ask.

Perhaps it would be better to have your "friend" post his/her own problem under his/her own user name.

Blue

clydefrog

sorry, i do apologize. i'll attempt to rephrase.

jennifer's sister darla was in an accidental car wreck.
jennifer lives with her parents
jennifer receives a phone call from an investigator, maybe from the insurance company, police, something of the sort.
investigator questions jennifer as to darla's residence and employment where abouts
jennifer lies

can jennifer get in trouble for this?

Just Blue

sorry, i do apologize. i'll attempt to rephrase.

jennifer's sister darla was in an accidental car wreck.
jennifer lives with her parents
jennifer receives a phone call from an investigator, maybe from the insurance company, police, something of the sort.
investigator questions jennifer as to darla's residence and employment where abouts
jennifer lies

can jennifer get in trouble for this?

Yes. She interfered with a Police Investigation. I would suggest that Jenn post for herself.

clydefrog

jennifer doesn't have internet access, so i'm doing this for her.

it wasn't a policeman who called. it was an insurance company. can she get in trouble for lying to an insurance company about the where abouts of her sister?

Just Blue

jennifer doesn't have internet access, so i'm doing this for her.

it wasn't a policeman who called. it was an insurance company. can she get in trouble for lying to an insurance company about the where abouts of her sister?
No**************.That is why 3rd party postings are a pain. #rd parties seldom get the details right despite just trying to help. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">