• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mail theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wawul

What is the name of your state? CA

Someone keeps stealing packages left by carriers on my porch. Regardless of my requests, a package will occasionally be left on the porch and then inevitably stolen. I want to catch the ******* red-handed and serve him some justice. My question is, what measures can I employ to stop him? He will certainly run when confronted, in which case, can I shoot him? Would I face any charges? Thank you,
-Slawomir

PJ Weber

He will certainly run when confronted, in which case, can I shoot him? Would I face any charges?
Shooting is not advisable. Yes you would face charges!

Notify the Post Office of this

Notify your local law enforcement, ask them for suggestions

efflandt

Get either a PO box, or a box at a UPS store (which can accept postal or UPS shipments). If I get a package too large for my small PO box, they either leave a key in the box for a locker containing the package, or a slip to pick it up at a window.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">