• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married with the same person twice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandyb014

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
I married with the same person twice in florida, in two differents counties, but we lied in the last married that was the first time. Now we want to divorce, and i'd like to now if will be any illegal problem for us??? even that was the same person????

Isis1

I married with the same person twice in florida, in two differents counties, but we lied in the last married that was the first time. Now we want to divorce, and i'd like to now if will be any illegal problem for us??? even that was the same person????
okay. let's clarify.

when did you first get married?

did you get divorced from that marriage?

when did you get married the second time?

LdiJ

Probably not. There are no laws that say that you cannot marry the same person twice...even if you lied and said that you were not married the first time when you filed for the second license.

FlyingRon

If there was nothing that invalidated the first marriage (divorce, annulment, the fact that it was void) then the second wedding is spurious. Your legal marriage was the first one.

sandyb014

okay. let's clarify.

when did you first get married?

did you get divorced from that marriage?

when did you get married the second time?
The first time was in 2002 and we still are married in both counties and i married the second time in 2006

sandyb014

the first time was in 2002 and the second one in 2006
i never divorced the first one, we still are married in both counties

xylene

Wouldn't happen to be Camden County would it?

You are getting a divorce.

You need a lawyer. I am sure if you are willing to be filing false marriage licenses there are all kinds of other shenanigans...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">