• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maybe im crazy, but i feel like someone is watching me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

As silly as the title sounds I have reason to believe someone; by someone i mean law enforcement, is watching me. Now I am not doing anything illegal, well thats a lie, I was a heavy drug user, who has since been illegal substance free for a few months now, and i downloand movies and music from the net. And thats about the worst it, but starting a couple months back my run ins with the citys gang unit have been increasing in frequency.

Incident 1, I call this the BK trip. Me and a buddy of mine went to burger king to order sum food, at the time i was going threw a tough break up with my girlfriend, and before entering the store I finished a phone call with her. The phone call lasted about 10 minutes, as soon as i hung up i reached for my wallet and realized i did not bring my debt card, so all i had was 4 bucks on me, so i ask my buddy to take me back to my house to get the money. About a 1/2 mile away 3 police cruisers pull up behind us flashing lights and wailing sirens for no apparent reason. We were doing the speed limit, the stickers were up to date, the car, insured, and my buddy who was driving had his lisence...so the police come rushing to the car with guns drawn and forefully pull me from the car and slam me against it. They began to pat me down, and i made the mistake of slightly turning my head to my right to ask another officer why they pulled us over, and the officer ever so powerful slammed my face hard on the car to assert his role as the boss in this situation. And his response was we have the right to pull you over whenever we want. But no real reason was given to me. So they put the cuffs on me, and sit me in the patrol car, and they sat my buddy in the other car. For the next 45 minutes 3 officers tore apart the car, and the other 3 officers stood around and chit chatted about who knows what. After missing the marijuana bag in between the seats they pull me out of the car and take the cuffs off. They begin to take pictures of me and my tattoos, so i comply, just happy they missed the weed, and after they were done, I asked what was the reason for stopping us, and they tell me "you know what you did" I replied back"you got the wrong guy officer" with a disapointed tone in his voice he tells me im the right guy, they just got me at the wrong time.

I was pretty mad after what happen set in, i went on facebook and begin to rant, and i may have poked fun at them for tearing up the car but missing the weed in the most obvious place. So the next day i spend a few hours talking to just about every department trying to figure out why i was pulled over, and there no reports made. So they refferred me to internal affairs, I started working with one of the guys there, and he couldnt tell me nothing unless i had a report number. which..again there was no report. So i called back to dispatch and obtained a...ahh i forgot what its called, but its something they right up every time the police come in contact with you, its not detailed in any way, but it has basically reason codes for the contact,,so i got the number for that...report like....thing...called back to IA, and the guy said it didnt say nothing on there and that he would have a supervisor call me back..the sup called me back..but he couldnt tell me anything either...so after a few days i just gave up... I was pulled over for no reason, and ruffed up with out cause, and there was really nothing i can do about it..

---------------------you can take a break here.. the next few happenings are not that long..but i know this is alot-------

about a week later I was going to break the law, I went to go score some drugs from a new connect but since he didnt know us he didnt sale to us....so we leave his house...well about a mile down the road, whoa and behold, we got 3 police cruisers, and the all white unmarked gang unit suv behind me with all lights and sirens on..so they pull us over, and again the car was legal, the driver was legal, but my seat belt was off. But get this..it is the same abusive officer from the last stop, this time on the opposite side of town. I ask him why we got pulled over, and he said it was because he saw us leave the drug dealers house. Now i know police stop people trying to get an easy bust when they leave dealers houses, but legally, im not too sure they can do that. In order to be pulled over the police have to have probale cause that you are breaking the law. Stopping at a friends house, is not illegal, they had no idea why i was there, i could of been related to him, or buying something off of craigslist from him...but they told me that was the reason. Right away the officer from the last incident brings UP HOW I WAS TALKING SMACK ABOUT THEM ON FACEBOOK, he said someone told him i was talking about that,..,i think he was peeking at my facebook for whatever reason...but i told him i was just mad and talking*, I even ofered to add him as a friend so he just get updates every 5 minutes from me..he of course declined..

But anyways...once again they pulled everyone out the car as they searched the car for an hour...during this time they were interviewing me, asking me where i work..who do i live with etc....they did it under the guise of friendly chat, but i knew they were trying to get something out of me..so i played there game, and made my self sound like a model citizen with a drug habit...but anyways...of course they found nothing, the officer told me to put my shoes on(cuz they made me take them off to see if i had anything in there which is illegale btw..but oh well i wasnt hiding anything) and with a hint of defeat in his voice the gang unit officer tells me to walk home...

-----------i got pulled over once more for parking at a park where i just so happened to leave the same time a gang unit officer was passing by..he said it seemed odd...of course thet searched the car which had bad stickers no insurance and the driver had no dl...they didnt find anything..but they did pull my buddy to the side and asked why i had 600 dollars in my pocket, she told them I had just gotten paid, they didnt blv her. She was wrong of course.. I was actually en route to make a money order for my rent...but anywho, after being verbally insulted by the younger gang unit officers they let us go with no tickets******************************************...

a few weeks after that...an officer wh....o lives down the roadwho happens to be a high ranking gang unit officer started parking practially in front of my house for a couple hours at a time...for what? Idk..watching me? So what i do..is i go outside..i clear view.. light up a cigg, and watch him watch me.. I want to go up to him and ask him why is he parking across the street facing my house..but ehh im not too sure if its a good idea...Its gotten to the point where im afraid to leave the house..i honestly feel like i will be stopped and patted down if i do...as a matter of fact i was robbed and hit by a car yesterday over 100 dollars..and i didnt even wanna call the police..luckily i was just a little banged up...but ehh thats how bad its gotten...what do i do

Last edited by a moderator:

Proserpina

As silly as the title sounds I have reason to believe someone; by someone i mean law enforcement, is watching me. Now I am not doing anything illegal, well thats a lie, I was a heavy drug user, who has since been illegal substance free for a few months now, and i downloand movies and music from the net. And thats about the worst it, but starting a couple months back my run ins with the citys gang unit have been increasing in frequency.

Incident 1, I call this the BK trip. Me and a buddy of mine went to burger king to order sum food, at the time i was going threw a tough break up with my girlfriend, and before entering the store I finished a phone call with her. The phone call lasted about 10 minutes, as soon as i hung up i reached for my wallet and realized i did not bring my debt card, so all i had was 4 bucks on me, so i ask my buddy to take me back to my house to get the money. About a 1/2 mile away 3 police cruisers pull up behind us flashing lights and wailing sirens for no apparent reason. We were doing the speed limit, the stickers were up to date, the car, insured, and my buddy who was driving had his lisence...so the police come rushing to the car with guns drawn and forefully pull me from the car and slam me against it. They began to pat me down, and i made the mistake of slightly turning my head to my right to ask another officer why they pulled us over, and the officer ever so powerful slammed my face hard on the car to assert his role as the boss in this situation. And his response was we have the right to pull you over whenever we want. But no real reason was given to me. So they put the cuffs on me, and sit me in the patrol car, and they sat my buddy in the other car. For the next 45 minutes 3 officers tore apart the car, and the other 3 officers stood around and chit chatted about who knows what. After missing the marijuana bag in between the seats they pull me out of the car and take the cuffs off. They begin to take pictures of me and my tattoos, so i comply, just happy they missed the weed, and after they were done, I asked what was the reason for stopping us, and they tell me "you know what you did" I replied back"you got the wrong guy officer" with a disapointed tone in his voice he tells me im the right guy, they just got me at the wrong time.

I was pretty mad after what happen set in, i went on facebook and begin to rant, and i may have poked fun at them for tearing up the car but missing the weed in the most obvious place. So the next day i spend a few hours talking to just about every department trying to figure out why i was pulled over, and there no reports made. So they refferred me to internal affairs, I started working with one of the guys there, and he couldnt tell me nothing unless i had a report number. which..again there was no report. So i called back to dispatch and obtained a...ahh i forgot what its called, but its something they right up every time the police come in contact with you, its not detailed in any way, but it has basically reason codes for the contact,,so i got the number for that...report like....thing...called back to IA, and the guy said it didnt say nothing on there and that he would have a supervisor call me back..the sup called me back..but he couldnt tell me anything either...so after a few days i just gave up... I was pulled over for no reason, and ruffed up with out cause, and there was really nothing i can do about it..

---------------------you can take a break here.. the next few happenings are not that long..but i know this is alot-------

about a week later I was going to break the law, I went to go score some drugs from a new connect but since he didnt know us he didnt sale to us....so we leave his house...well about a mile down the road, whoa and behold, we got 3 police cruisers, and the all white unmarked gang unit suv behind me with all lights and sirens on..so they pull us over, and again the car was legal, the driver was legal, but my seat belt was off. But get this..it is the same abusive officer from the last stop, this time on the opposite side of town. I ask him why we got pulled over, and he said it was because he saw us leave the drug dealers house. Now i know police stop people trying to get an easy bust when they leave dealers houses, but legally, im not too sure they can do that. In order to be pulled over the police have to have probale cause that you are breaking the law. Stopping at a friends house, is not illegal, they had no idea why i was there, i could of been related to him, or buying something off of craigslist from him...but they told me that was the reason. Right away the officer from the last incident brings UP HOW I WAS TALKING SMACK ABOUT THEM ON FACEBOOK, he said someone told him i was talking about that,..,i think he was peeking at my facebook for whatever reason...but i told him i was just mad and talking, I even ofered to add him as a friend so he just get updates every 5 minutes from me..he of course declined..

But anyways...once again they pulled everyone out the car as they searched the car for an hour...during this time they were interviewing me, asking me where i work..who do i live with etc....they did it under the guise of friendly chat, but i knew they were trying to get something out of me..so i played there game, and made my self sound like a model citizen with a drug habit...but anyways...of course they found nothing, the officer told me to put my shoes on(cuz they made me take them off to see if i had anything in there which is illegale btw..but oh well i wasnt hiding anything) and with a hint of defeat in his voice the gang unit officer tells me to walk home...

-----------i got pulled over once more for parking at a park where i just so happened to leave the same time a gang unit officer was passing by..he said it seemed odd...of course thet searched the car which had bad stickers no insurance and the driver had no dl...they didnt find anything..but they did pull my buddy to the side and asked why i had 600 dollars in my pocket, she told them I had just gotten paid, they didnt blv her. She was wrong of course.. I was actually en route to make a money order for my rent...but anywho, after being verbally insulted by the younger gang unit officers they let us go with no tickets******************************************...

a few weeks after that...an officer wh....o lives down the roadwho happens to be a high ranking gang unit officer started parking practially in front of my house for a couple hours at a time...for what? Idk..watching me? So what i do..is i go outside..i clear view.. light up a cigg, and watch him watch me.. I want to go up to him and ask him why is he parking across the street facing my house..but ehh im not too sure if its a good idea...Its gotten to the point where im afraid to leave the house..i honestly feel like i will be stopped and patted down if i do...as a matter of fact i was robbed and hit by a car yesterday over 100 dollars..and i didnt even wanna call the police..luckily i was just a little banged up...but ehh thats how bad its gotten...what do i do
(No, I did not wade through that)

Take your evidence to law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
no i dont think im stuck i just dont know what they can and cant do, the second i figure they crossed the line i will sue,,

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

about a week later I was going to break the law, I went to go score some drugs from a new connect but since he didnt know us he didnt sale to us....so we leave his house...well about a mile down the road, whoa and behold, we got 3 police cruisers, and the all white unmarked gang unit suv behind me with all lights and sirens on..so they pull us over, and again the car was legal, the driver was legal, but my seat belt was off. But get this..it is the same abusive officer from the last stop, this time on the opposite side of town. I ask him why we got pulled over, and he said it was because he saw us leave the drug dealers house. Now i know police stop people trying to get an easy bust when they leave dealers houses, but legally, im not too sure they can do that. In order to be pulled over the police have to have probale cause that you are breaking the law. Stopping at a friends house, is not illegal, they had no idea why i was there, i could of been related to him, or buying something off of craigslist from him...but they told me that was the reason. Right away the officer from the last incident brings UP HOW I WAS TALKING SMACK ABOUT THEM ON FACEBOOK, he said someone told him i was talking ****...i think hes bull ****tin about that,..,i think he was peeking at my facebook for whatever reason...but i told him i was just mad and talking ****, I even ofered to add him as a friend so he just get updates every 5 minutes from me..he of course declined..

-----------i got pulled over once more for parking at a park where i just so happened to leave the same time a gang unit officer was passing by..he said it seemed odd...of course thet searched the **** out of the car which had bad stickers no insurance and the driver had no dl...they didnt find anything..but they did pull my buddy to the side and asked why i had 600 dollars in my pocket, she told them I had just gotten paid, they didnt blv her. She was wrong of course.. I was actually en route to make a money order for my rent...but anywho, after being verbally insulted by the younger gang unit officers they let us go with no tickets******************************************...

See also:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/methadone-while-jail-601486.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-personal-injury-wrongful-death-75/robbed-dragged-car-wal-mart-parking-lot-601489.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/lot-drug-related-traffic-lol-my-579041.html

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You have nothing to sue for. You rambled and ranted. You say you have been clean but you speak about BK and having marijuana in between the seats.

In addition, the police have qualified immunity. Furthermore, were you on probation at that time?

You have nothing to sue for. You rambled and ranted. You say you have been clean but you speak about BK and having marijuana in between the seats.

In addition, the police have qualified immunity. Furthermore, were you on probation at that time?
This was before I cleaned up my act, and no I was not on probation, ive been off probation and out of trouble for a few years now. And to the rest of the people trying to poke fun, smh I pitty you. Its like you guys wait for someone to post something that you find not worth the time of other members, and then you of course waste your time replying with something border line smart.

Heres my question, since the story is mixed with facts and personal thoughts. If the police have to have probale cause to pull someone over if it is not a traffic issue, how can i find out what that reason was if they refused to tell me. I know they have to tell me why..Also why was there no report written, shouldnt stuff like that being documented?

Also what could possibly be the reason why every time i have contact it is with the same unit of police and the same officers at different parts of the city. Is there a way i can find out if they think im doing something bad, id gladly bring them into my house and show them around.

Should i just go up to the officer watching my house and ask him what the deal is?

oh one other thing i failed to mention, a couple months back they had a drug dog on my fence line sniffing around.. what gives? I went out and asked if i could help them, they said no.

I edited your post down to just the pertinent facts.
ok.. so i guess its normal to be pulled over 4 times in one month, and never have one ticket written, and the car tossed. I guess its normal to have unmarked police cars sit and watch you for hours at a time..

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
This was before I cleaned up my act, and no I was not on probation, ive been off probation and out of trouble for a few years now. And to the rest of the people trying to poke fun, smh I pitty you. Its like you guys wait for someone to post something that you find not worth the time of other members, and then you of course waste your time replying with something border line smart.

Heres my question, since the story is mixed with facts and personal thoughts. If the police have to have probale cause to pull someone over if it is not a traffic issue, how can i find out what that reason was if they refused to tell me. I know they have to tell me why..Also why was there no report written, shouldnt stuff like that being documented?

Also what could possibly be the reason why every time i have contact it is with the same unit of police and the same officers at different parts of the city. Is there a way i can find out if they think im doing something bad, id gladly bring them into my house and show them around.

Should i just go up to the officer watching my house and ask him what the deal is?

oh one other thing i failed to mention, a couple months back they had a drug dog on my fence line sniffing around.. what gives? I went out and asked if i could help them, they said no.
Because you have a history, LEO are more aware of you. :cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
ok.. so i guess its normal to be pulled over 4 times in one month, and never have one ticket written, and the car tossed. I guess its normal to have unmarked police cars sit and watch you for hours at a time..
Normal for me? No. Normal for you? It appears so.

Normal for me? No. Normal for you? It appears so.
never in my life have i been messed with like this. The last time i got into trouble was in 07
. I have not had any trouble since then. I think you guys are missing what im asking, if maybe im just missing the fact that they arent doing anything wrong please let me know.

I get pulled over for no real reason, and they give me no reason. These reasonless stops happened frequently, and they never find nothing. They stopped my gf a while back leaving my house, the reason they gave her was they were looking for a wanted person who was last spotted in a car like hers, they saw her leave my house. Besides that they asked her about me, and where i worked etc....they let her go..after they ram sacked her car. again no tickets issued. I think they think im selling drugs.. I have alot of friends here in the neighborhood, they do there own thing, but it has nothing to do with me. I dont even have a frickin car of my own. My house is not a fancy house, i dont dress in jordans and wear jewelry...as a matter of fact all my clothes are at least a year old, I take care of them, so they look decent, but i dont even have name brand stuff. I have tattoos on my face and have a bald head, so i guess i look like the part...but I am not a baller my....they have no reason to think other wise...ahh i dont know what to do. I really just want them to leave me the heck alone..if i sold drugs trust me..my life would be a lot better, but **** i just have to wait until 2015 and my record will be cleared and i can get a slightly better job..so getting in trouble is the last thing i wanna do. Hence the reason i got illegal street drugs. So cmon guys please hold the smart remarks. I just wanna know how to get them to back the hell off so i can frickin pick my nose in public and not worry about someone watching me

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
never in my life have i been messed with like this. The last time i got into trouble was in 07
. I have not had any trouble since then. I think you guys are missing what im asking, if maybe im just missing the fact that they arent doing anything wrong please let me know.

I get pulled over for no real reason, and they give me no reason. These reasonless stops happened frequently, and they never find nothing. They stopped my gf a while back leaving my house, the reason they gave her was they were looking for a wanted person who was last spotted in a car like hers, they saw her leave my house. Besides that they asked her about me, and where i worked etc....they let her go..after they ram sacked her car. again no tickets issued. I think they think im selling drugs.. I have alot of friends here in the neighborhood, they do there own thing, but it has nothing to do with me. I dont even have a frickin car of my own. My house is not a fancy house, i dont dress in jordans and wear jewelry...as a matter of fact all my clothes are at least a year old, I take care of them, so they look decent, but i dont even have name brand stuff. I have tattoos on my face and have a bald head, so i guess i look like the part...but I am not a baller my....they have no reason to think other wise...ahh i dont know what to do. I really just want them to leave me the heck alone..if i sold drugs trust me..my life would be a lot better, but **** i just have to wait until 2015 and my record will be cleared and i can get a slightly better job..so getting in trouble is the last thing i wanna do. Hence the reason i got illegal street drugs. So cmon guys please hold the smart remarks. I just wanna know how to get them to back the hell off so i can frickin pick my nose in public and not worry about someone watching me
There is no way to get them to 'back off'. And perusing your posting history here, I don't see a reason why they should. :cool:

Actions have consequences. You'll always be on their radar now. Too bad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">