• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Meaning: "PASSED for consideration along with the merits of this case."

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

md1984

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Just a quick question. I had filed a petition for emergency relief in a mandamus action that is related to a habeas corpus case. Basically, Texas law requires these cases to be resolved at the trial level without delay and the trial court is refusing to certify my right to appeal its denial of habeas petition. The case at issue is a mandamus case in the appeals court related to this refusal. I moved for emergency relief pursuant the Article 11 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.

The court responded by stating the following through the clerk:

You are hereby notified that in the above-described case, the following decision and order was
this day made and entered by this Court:

"THIS DAY came on to be considered Relator’s Renewed Motion for Emergency Relief filed
herein; and the same being inspected, it is ORDERED that said motion be, and hereby is,
PASSED for consideration along with the merits of this case."

Very truly yours,

PAM ESTES, CLERK

What does "PASSED for consideration along with the merits of this case." mean?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">