• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanics lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fastvan67

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I have been in business for almost 40yrs. This is the first time I have run into this problem. I have this van sitting at my shop. I repaired this van and the people that own it no longer want it and they won't give me the title and won't pay for repairs. One of the problems is that the people live in Arizona. The broke down here. I was told by a friend to get a mechanics lien on it. But usually by the time I get out to check into things, most people either aren't open yet or have already closed. Can someone please tell me what the proper procedure is for getting a mechanics lien? Does a lien mean that they either have to pay or give up the title?
Thanks

fastvan67 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana
Can someone please tell me what the proper procedure is for getting a mechanics lien? Does a lien mean that they either have to pay or give up the title?
Thanks
This is an excellent document on commercial liens. Chapter 4 offers advice on Procedures and Implementation. Good luck!

KTL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">