• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

renieri

last year, I was arrested for a dui. my license was then revoked. I went to court and all charges were dismissed. The dmv put me on medical probation due to the fact that i have bi-polar disorder. My question is: could my license be revoked if the doctor sees that I am using medical marijuana? Does the dmv have a right to revoke my license not because i am not in a stable condition to drive, but because I use medical marijuana?

ecmst12

You can get a DUI after using mj just like alcohol, whether it is for medical purposes or not. You shouldn't be smoking and driving.

sandyclaus

last year, I was arrested for a dui. my license was then revoked. I went to court and all charges were dismissed. The dmv put me on medical probation due to the fact that i have bi-polar disorder. My question is: could my license be revoked if the doctor sees that I am using medical marijuana? Does the dmv have a right to revoke my license not because i am not in a stable condition to drive, but because I use medical marijuana?
You can be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including marijuana, and be too intoxicated to drive.

While the doctor themselves might not have the authority to have your license revoked, if you are caught driving under the influence of marijuana, you can certainly be cited and your license revoked.

The old adage "Don't drink and drive" is not the only no-no. You shouldn't be driving while/after smoking marijuana, either.

srora

You can be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including marijuana, and be too intoxicated to drive.

While the doctor themselves might not have the authority to have your license revoked, if you are caught driving under the influence of marijuana, you can certainly be cited and your license revoked.

The old adage "Don't drink and drive" is not the only no-no. You shouldn't be driving while/after smoking marijuana, either.
Well said sandyclaus. I would recommend you to start considering taxis or have someone else that you know drive you around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">