• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mentally Disabled, Did over 900 days on an invalid sentence, what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TravisNJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I don't know if you can help, but, I don't really know anywhere to go.

I'm mentally disabled, live in pennsylvania, and have no idea what to do.

OK, January 2011 I went to county jail for 3 months as pennsylvanias mandatory minimum for a second dui(thc btw which is now semi-legal), Then violated via hot urine with THC and did a month in August 2011, Then on Dec 15 2011 I caught my second hot urine(this one for suboxone), instead of a 3 month hit as typical, they revoked my sentence, and held me for 4 months before telling me my options were 2 1/2 to 5, or SIP(and he told me if I didn't take SIP I was doing the 2 1/2 to 5 (despite it only being a second hot urine on a second dui). I didn't know what to do, had no clue what was going on, wasn't medicated properly(am bi-polar, federally recognized as disabled), and my lawyer told me SIP was the best I was gonna get!. I took the state intermediate punishment and was shipped to state prison, I passed the SIP qualification as I'm nonviolent and I'm not sure when I saw the Judge but we convened with an order for State intermediate Punishement With Time Counted, Nice I thought Time Counted with sip? ok, Sadly enough the state told me SIP cannot have time counted even though that was my sentence and they made me do the entire sip experience, Did 3 months camp hill, 3 months Quehanna, and 2 months of Renewal located in Pittsburgh, then I maxed out in the state halfway house after around 15 months(it wasn't possible to do my sip from home like they promised because my house is in Lock Haven and It was Jonhnstown), ya see others got to go home and do their remaining time. I'm mentally disabled so I didn't even realize what they were doing to me really as I was undermedicated for my conditions, Oh I forgot to mention I'm only 29 and I'm finally starting to get it together after 2 years home, and someone told me what they did to me was wrong, and now that it was mentioned, I can see where they are coming from. What they did to me can't possibly be legal can it? especially considering I collect federal mental disability. I wish they would have taken that into consideration, provided me with proper meds, let me understand the legal process, and not threaten to make me do 5 years if I don't accept their SIP deal**************.

Please and Thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">