• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

might be charged for theft and possession of stolen property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ckmcsk

Arizona

i had an item acquired at a local community garage sale sometimes this april and i used it as my astronomical gadget. I got hold of it for $200. Then at end of April, i posted an image (Jupiter) that taken by this item (it is a ccd camera) to an astronomical forum for advice. Then later sometime july, i exchanged this ccd to another astronomer but i did not post any ads for sale etc. then the camera changed hand to the 2nd person. Later in August this year, the 2nd person posted an ads of sales of a CCD camera (with serial number) on ebay and he sold it for $500 to 3rd person. Later the third person called the ccd manufacturer for some support and was then told that it was a stolen property in a lab in chandler, which happen to be the company i worked. The third person is now in process of returning the item to Chandler PD and there was a case on this ccd as evident.

my question are
1) should i volanteer info?
2) what can i do as i have no proof of the purchase except my wife and i had told my friends that i get hold of a ccd camera for the astronomical usage. we all go for garage sales every weekend.
3) i used my actual name and the company contact email and phone for all of this exchange, so is it a valid proof as innocent
4) if i cannot prove i am innocent, what will be the charge or sentence to me

i need help and some advice. it caused me sleepless nights and i bet i will lost my job in the company eventhough i am a senior engineer working for it more than 6 years.

pls help

pojo2

Simple find the people who sold it to you at the garage sell.

Honestly this is just to much of a concidence for people to believe. How much is this gadget worth, and how much did you pay for it?

Some criminals are real dumb and would never consider they would get caught so the fact you used your name is no proof of innocence.

ckmcsk

how do find the person in garage sale?
i do not know the value but the internet show ~$4k.
isn't that one need to prove i am the one "stole" it at the time of the lost?

will this be a case file?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">