• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Alcohol Pocession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

draban

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I was on my way to a party when my friend was pulled over for changing lanes illegally. He had a few beers before we left and passed his breathalizer some how. I on the other hand failed along with another friend. This is my first offense as an adult, but on my juvenile record i have assault and battery, criminal tresspassing, terroristic threats, minor alcohol pocession, and aggravated assault, im not sure if my record is sealed yet...i can't afford a laywer due to my past offenses. in the past year i just got off house arrest and probation, i am thinking about doing some community service before i go to court...i don't do drugs i have passed every drug test the court system has ever given me, and i have participated in AA courses while on house arrest and probation...any suggestions..? and do you think i will get probation or something more serious?

fairisfair

so, basically, drugs are the only thing you DON'T do???

You say you are an adult, I am assuming you mean over 18, but not yet old enough to drink legally?

draban

fairisfair said:
so, basically, drugs are the only thing you DON'T do???

You say you are an adult, I am assuming you mean over 18, but not yet old enough to drink legally?
no i am 17 in Georgia you are convicted as an adult at 17.

fairisfair

given your history and the fact that you are still a juvenile, it is impossible to even guess at what the fines or punishment might be, you can probably kiss your driver's license good bye, if you have one. Google, Georgia underage drinking for more information, but again, this is going to be up to the judge and will only give you an idea of the possibilities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">