• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in Consumption, ARS 4-244.40

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cabchlvr37

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Hi,

My son was at a birthday party at someone's house and the neighbors called the police. He is 19 (almost 20) and was charges with Minor in Consumption ARS 4-244.40. He blew a .10 in the breathalizer. He has never committed any crimes and is a good student attending college. What is the likely penalty he will face when he goes to court in a few weeks? Is there a way that he can ask for something at his arraingment that he can do and once tha that is completed have this charge dropped?

Thanks.

Isis1

Hi,

My son was at a birthday party at someone's house and the neighbors called the police. He is 19 (almost 20) and was charges with Minor in Consumption ARS 4-244.40. He blew a .10 in the breathalizer. He has never committed any crimes and is a good student attending college. What is the likely penalty he will face when he goes to court in a few weeks? Is there a way that he can ask for something at his arraingment that he can do and once tha that is completed have this charge dropped?

Thanks.

um, underage drinking IS a crime.

Indiana Filer

Hi,

Thanks.
You mean he has never been arrested for any crimes before this one. Why should the charge be dropped? If he is guilty, he needs to pay the consequences, and one consequence is to have a criminal record.

dave33

Most likely there is some program if he is a 1st time non-violent offender. Every state that I know of has their own version. In situations like these it only makes sense. I realize this wasn't very infomative, as I am not familiar with your state.Just thought you deserved a little positive news.goodluck.

The Occultist

Arizona is indeed quite friendly to first-time offenders of non-violent crimes. Your son will likely face the following as part of the deferred prosecution he'll probably be offered: paying fees, attending a drug class, and a [light] probation, the successful completion of which will result in the charges being dropped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">