• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MINOR IN CONSUMPTION!!! court tomorrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EzElo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Hi, Im 17 and I was at a party that got busted, the cop asked me how many beers i had to drink and i said 3, when he pulled out his breathalyser and asked me to if i would like to blow i said no, he then put me in his car and took me to the station along with all my friends that where there. When we got there they took us into rooms individually and read us our rights. then he asked if i would blow into the breathalyser and i said no again.

My question is, Is there a penalty for not blowing into the machine? i was not driving, or going to drive, we told the cop everyone was staying the night.

Also what do you think will happen in court exactly?

The Occultist

No, there is no penalty for not blowing into the breathalyser. However, the officer doesn't need the breathalyser reading at all since you already admitted to having alcohol in your system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">