• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Consumption/Public Intoxication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AGray34

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Alright, I am a college student on a college campus. Here is my question. WHat is the best way to deal with a police officer if he approaches you, etc...while you are walking or somewhere.....Here they give everyone either minor intox....or a public intox.... ticket......My question is, what is the best way to handle them....Do you want to talk to them, or what.....

Also, remember, alot of people will say be cooperative, these cops are southern Indiana hillbilly cops who never let anyone out of anything.

Thanks

N

NorthDA

Minor Consumption Kid

Why don't you stumble up to the nearest one you see and ask THEM?

T

TysonLPrice

Minor Compsumtion Kid:

"Why don't you stumble up to the nearest one you see and ask THEM?'

I have to disagree with you on this one but I appreciate your taking time to post. If the person stumbled up to a cop and asked that they might be opening the door for trouble. Perhaps that approach has worked for you in the past but I would be reluctant to try it myself.

Cops are people too. Each one different from the other. If you really want to know walk, don't stumble, and ask. They are somebody's brother or sister, maybe a Mother or Father with kids, any part of the family of mankind (person kind ?).

Put yourself in their position. Ask what you would do. They're doing a job for a paycheck, don't make them an enemy.

Last edited:
N

NorthDA

Tyson--

I'm going to try to be gentle. The posted questioned asks how an underage college student should handle a chance meeting with a law enforcement officer. But the underlying facts don't end there. AGray goes on to lament the fact that every chance meeting with an officer usually ends with the underage drinker receiving a citation for being underage and drinking. AGray then characterizes the police in his jurisdiction as "hillbilly" cops, and then asks if there is anyway to get out of a ticket.

Perhaps you didn't read the posting. Yes, cops have families, so do the underage drinkers. So do the legislators. What does that have to do with issuing a citation?

Please respond, I am curious...

K

krispenstpeter

Don't worry about Tyson North. He won't be back on the forum or will be leaving very shortly.

He has caused enough confusion and stupidity for one person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">