• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor dating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morehead6900

I am 21 and live in indiana and i have a girlfriend who is 16 almost 17 living in missouri. Her dad does not like it at all he is trying to do everything to keep us apart just because i am older and he doesnt even know me. We really like each other and she is ready to do anything to be with me. When i was visiting she snuck out of her house and visited me, then her dad caught us but i got in my car and away before he could get to us. She said that he was really mad and they fought. He kept asking her for my name and # but she wouldnt give it to him then he threw her up against the door, thats all she really said that happened. She still wouldnt tell him, and a bit later he called a sherrif out there and she had to tell him what was going on. We both still want to be with each other very much. It has been two weeks since that has happened and i just finally found out about what happened after i left. My question is to what extent can happen to me, there is no sexual contact between us we want to talk and know more about each other. I know in missouri the age of consent is 17 if i am over 21, but she is still not a legal adult. What could possibly happen if i call her house, its not like im harrassing and she is wanting the conversation, or what about letters in the mail. What options does she have as a child if her dad is being abusive like that?

You Are Guilty

The CHILD has no options. The parents, on the other hand, can have you arrested for a variety of different laws, including harassment if you keep calling.
If you value NOT being a registered sex offender, I suggest you find yourself a nice retarded girl your own age, (and be glad that isn't my daughter you're sneaking around with. We're not nearly as nice as the dad in your story here).

morehead6900

She was the one who snuck out of the house, in no way did i ask her to. She is the one who is in contact with me, i do not try calling or anything. Oh and also once she is 17 it would not be consider illegal for sexual contact even though there wont be any, would there still be something against just dating then.

HighImTom

You Are Guilty said:
The CHILD has no options. The parents, on the other hand, can have you arrested for a variety of different laws, including harassment if you keep calling.
If you value NOT being a registered sex offender, I suggest you find yourself a nice retarded girl your own age, (and be glad that isn't my daughter you're sneaking around with. We're not nearly as nice as the dad in your story here).
You sound like you have a lot of class buddy..

AHA

morehead6900 said:
She was the one who snuck out of the house, in no way did i ask her to. She is the one who is in contact with me, i do not try calling or anything. Oh and also once she is 17 it would not be consider illegal for sexual contact even though there wont be any, would there still be something against just dating then.
It doesn't matter if she's the instigator, she is legally a child and therefore (legally) unable to make a mature decision about her actions. Contact is contact, no matter who dials or rings the doorbell.

morehead6900

So couldnt i file harrassment against them for trying to keep on calling me? Also what about if she trys to get emancipated. She has social anxiety and only weighs 94lbs because she cant eat in front of other people and her dad doesnt want her to be on medication and concleling. She said she talked to a school coulcleor once and they called home and when she got home her dad was pissed because he thinks she doesnt need that. Isnt that child abuse?

You Are Guilty

HighImTom said:
You sound like you have a lot of class buddy..
And you sound like you have bigger problems than a statutory-rapist-in-training wanting some head patting to make him feel better about being a pervert. Maybe if you stopped drinking so much you would be able to find girls your own age as well? (That is, assuming you have any money left after the fines, court costs and lawyer fees).

Bit of advice for you in the future - if you can make it into a private area of your house (i.e. a bedroom, bathroom, not an entrance hallway), the police can't arrest you without a warrant and you wouldn't be in the predicament you're in now. So next time, run faster.

morehead6900

I'm a christian, a virgin, and very shy. We are a lot alike, if we were back in older times nobody would even care. But since were not in that time we are just trying to deal with this and even if we have to wait til she is 18.

morehead6900

I had a hat that had that on it, and it was before i became a christian, oh and also i dont drink much only did because it was my birthday not too long ago.

HighImTom

You Are Guilty said:
And you sound like you have bigger problems than a statutory-rapist-in-training wanting some head patting to make him feel better about being a pervert. Maybe if you stopped drinking so much you would be able to find girls your own age as well? (That is, assuming you have any money left after the fines, court costs and lawyer fees).

Bit of advice for you in the future - if you can make it into a private area of your house (i.e. a bedroom, bathroom, not an entrance hallway), the police can't arrest you without a warrant and you wouldn't be in the predicament you're in now. So next time, run faster.
Sounds like you have a lot of built up anger in your life, maybe thats why your so ignorant. "maybe if i stopped drinking i would be able to find girls my own age as well, if i have money left after fines" I can picture u in my head right now. A rich scrawny law nerd who sits on his computer all day making fun of other peoples problems, whose only way to get girls is to buy them out...
Perhaps you should stop being so ignorant, and learn more about peoples problems before you judge them.

You Are Guilty

HighImTom said:
Sounds like you have a lot of built up anger in your life, maybe thats why your so ignorant. "maybe if i stopped drinking i would be able to find girls my own age as well, if i have money left after fines" I can picture u in my head right now. A rich scrawny law nerd who sits on his computer all day making fun of other peoples problems, whose only way to get girls is to buy them out...
Perhaps you should stop being so ignorant, and learn more about peoples problems before you judge them.

Well let's see. Everyone who hasn't been arrested and ticketed for serving alcohol to minors, rais your hand. Whoops, not so fast there Tommyboy.

Now, everyone who thinks the police can't reach into your house to arrest you after selling said alcohol to minors raise your hand again. Uhoh, not you, big boy. Tom, Tom, Tom. That's two in a row. Maybe you should grab a few brews and head out onto your lawn with the other teenagers and reflect on what a criminal record is going to mean to you during the rest of your life.

PS: I'll be sure to tell my wife I have trouble "getting" girls. I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

CdwJava

morehead6900 said:
I'm a christian, a virgin, and very shy. We are a lot alike, if we were back in older times nobody would even care. But since were not in that time we are just trying to deal with this and even if we have to wait til she is 18.
Not a very Christian thing to do - encouraging her to defy one of the Commandments ... you know, the one that says "Honor thy mother and father"?

Wait til she's 18. Emancipation is not going to happen. Wanting to see a 21 year old boyfriend from another state is NOT going to compel a judge to grant it. She would have to show an ability to support herself without any aid, a history of responsible behavior (and bailing out of the house and defying the parents is NOT good for this), and a compelling reason.

So, hang tight for a few more months. When she turns 18 then you guys can head out and do whatever you want, and her parents will not have to support her in the endeavor. She'll be all yours to raise.

- Carl

morehead6900

First im not encouraging her to do anything she is the one making those choices. And your right it does say "honor" them but it doesnt say do there every command. The Bible says the greatest commandment is to love on another, and her father is denying her that. I have no problem with waiting until she is 18, i just worry for her safety. Where in the bible does it say its ok to throw your child up against a door? or to deny them the health care that she really needs. Thats child abuse and i could report it, in fact its a crime not to. She has talked to the school to and they called so i guess they would be at fault to.

CdwJava

morehead6900 said:
First im not encouraging her to do anything she is the one making those choices.
And in most states the fact that you know and are permitting her to be out of her parents' control by giving her refuge and assistance, you would be guilty of a criminal act.

And your right it does say "honor" them but it doesnt say do there every command.
Ah, yes, it is SO unreasonable to ask your minor daughter not to date an adult in another state. How silly of me. She is not being asked to break the law or commit an immoral act, only to comply with the reasonable rules of the household and her parents. When she is 18 she can play grown-up and do what she wants.

The Bible says the greatest commandment is to love on another, and her father is denying her that.
That is NOT what it means when He commands us to "Love one another." And if you do not know that, I suggest you go back and do a little bit of reading. I'd be happy to provide some passages if you'd like.

I have no problem with waiting until she is 18, i just worry for her safety. Where in the bible does it say its ok to throw your child up against a door?
It doesn't. But have you witnessed this? Or is this based solely upon her interpretation? Heck, some kids that get spanked once on the behind will claim that they are being beaten and thrashed daily.

If a teen walks away from their parent while they are talking to them, they might expect to get pushed against the wall. If she was injured, then the authorities need to be involved.

If she is getting pummeled, I suggest someone call the police and CPS. If this is not being done, I have some doubts as to the veracity of the claim.

or to deny them the health care that she really needs. Thats child abuse and i could report it, in fact its a crime not to.
If you are a mandated reporter, it's a crime. But I doubt you fall into that category. I do not think MO places a requirement on its citizens to report any suspected abuse. But, if you think it's the law, why don't you report it?

She has talked to the school to and they called so i guess they would be at fault to.
At fault for what?

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">