• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike O'neal

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi,

a few weeks ago I was at the beach with some friends and we went to go get some food. about a block away i parked my truck (open bed). We went got food and as we were eating I saw somone drop a large bag in the back of my truck near some kids. ages 14 to 19 my guess. I have hung out with some of them before. the kids started taking bottles out of the bag after the older guy had left and puting them into back packs when a cop car pulled up the kids ran in every direction and the cop got out and proceeded to inspect the truck he pulled out 2 large bags and put them into his squad car and a case of beer. Somone went over and talked to him try to get the alcohol back and the cop sat him down and threttened to arrest him for distributing alcohol to minors. the cop didnt do anythign but he took teh bags and wrote down my license plate. I am 19 years old, with no reccord at all. I am wondering if I could possable be held responcible for the alcohol in my truck because I own the truck.

Do I have anything to worry aobut and if I do end up with a MIP can i fight this ticket?

Thanks in advance

B

Boxcarbill

Yes. So you observed all this activity from a block away!

Jeter

An even more incredulous question: You observed this from a block away---and just kept right on eating while the whole thing unfolded from the back of your truck?????

Mike O'neal

MIP

I am not going to lie I have gone through my drinking phase and am over it. I also understand how much it sucks not to be able to drink when you want to so I didnt care about the alcohol in my truck. When the cop pulled up I didnt want to get involved and get stuck with the alcohol at the site. I know how much of an ass most of the cops in my town can be and from reading some of the stories on this board everyone knows that dealing with cops when you dont have to is a bad idea.

Yes I have superman vision I saw the whole thing from about 40 yards away. e.g a small block thats not that far. if anyone have any real advise that would be very helpfull thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">