• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mip illegal search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abbott0221

What is the name of your state?
Arizona

Ok my friend goes to ASU, is 18 and was caught by a cop with a beer and received an MIP. The officer told him he was under arrest, and told him to give up his wallet, upon which the officer found his fake id, and he gave him a fake id ticket. Is an MIP probable enough cause to search his wallet?

BelizeBreeze

abbott0221 said:
What is the name of your state?
Arizona

Ok my friend goes to ASU, is 18 and was caught by a cop with a beer and received an MIP. The officer told him he was under arrest, and told him to give up his wallet, upon which the officer found his fake id, and he gave him a fake id ticket. Is an MIP probable enough cause to search his wallet?
Yes. Next question?

CdwJava

abbott0221 said:
It's called a search incident to arrest ... and I'm guessing that the officer also had a sneaking suspicion of what might be found in the wallet.

Tell your friend to suck it up and pay his fine.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">