• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

miranda rights violation???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lyndonmo

What is the name of your state? texas... i was speeding, got stopped and was taken into custody for a warrant from a previous traffic violation. the officer at no time read me my miranda rights, nor were they read to me anytime at the police station.. isn't this against the law? i thought anytime you were taken into custody you were supposed to be informed of your rights. did i not have any rights in this particular situation? i'm not trying to get my case thrown out or anything, i'm just curious. any feedback would be appreciated.What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? texas... i was speeding, got stopped and was taken into custody for a warrant from a previous traffic violation. the officer at no time read me my miranda rights, nor were they read to me anytime at the police station.. isn't this against the law? i thought anytime you were taken into custody you were supposed to be informed of your rights. did i not have any rights in this particular situation? i'm not trying to get my case thrown out or anything, i'm just curious. any feedback would be appreciated.What is the name of your state?
You thought wrong. Miranda warning only apply when the police are going to question you.

The Occultist

And if they don't read your rights to you, all that means is that anything you said couldn't necessarily be used against you in court. That's all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">