• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor B

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alone_in_mo

What is the name of your state? Missouri

In March 2002 I made a very unwise choice , I let my daughters friend "17" talk me into signing for her a naval piercing.

I was never arrested , but was summons to go to court. I pled guilty and was ordered to pay a $500 fine.

I know now that I have a Misdemeanor B on my record for Fraudulently Misrepresent One'S Self As A Parent regarding a tatto , but it was not a tatto,it was a naval piercing. How does one get that corrected?

What exactly is a Misdemeanor , I have never in my life been in trouble or even gotten a ticket.

I'm so ashamed :mad: for what I did and I never have told a soul what I did. My husband of 3 years " does not know" is in the military and we are stationed in Japan for 4 yrs "2 yrs left" I applied for a Job at AAFES " military run" for a cafeteria worker " I did nursing in the states , but there is not many choices here" and they said they can't hire me because I have a Misdemeanor B on my record.

Will this always be on my record for the rest of my life and will it always keep me from getting a job :confused: . Does it or can one have it removed from their record?

I'm so ashamed and I feel like a criminal , this is really making me crazy.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

I know now that I have a Misdemeanor B on my record for Fraudulently Misrepresent One'S Self As A Parent regarding a tatto , but it was not a tatto,it was a naval piercing. How does one get that corrected?

I am sure you mean navel piercing since this had nothing to do with the navy. In any event, what is on your record is correct (see below).

What exactly is a Misdemeanor , I have never in my life been in trouble or even gotten a ticket.

A misdemeanor is a "minor" crime.

Will this always be on my record for the rest of my life and will it always keep me from getting a job . Does it or can one have it removed from their record?

Yes, I don't know, and if you ask the governor for a pardon, you may get it but it will still be on your record.

Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 324
Occupations and Professions General Provisions
Section 324.520

August 28, 2004

Definitions--tattooing, branding, body piercing, prohibited, when, penalty.

324.520. 1. As used in sections 324.520 to 324.524, the following terms mean:

(1) "Body piercing", the perforation of human tissue other than an ear for a nonmedical purpose;

(2) "Branding", a permanent mark made on human tissue by burning with a hot iron or other instrument;

(3) "Controlled substance", any substance defined in section 195.010, RSMo;

(4) "Minor", a person under the age of eighteen;

(5) "Tattoo", one or more of the following:

(a) An indelible mark made on the body of another person by the insertion of a pigment under the skin; or

(b) An indelible design made on the body of another person by production of scars other than by branding.

2. No person shall knowingly tattoo, brand or perform body piercing on a minor unless such person obtains the prior written informed consent of the minor's parent or legal guardian. The minor's parent or legal guardian shall execute the written informed consent required pursuant to this subsection in the presence of the person performing the tattooing, branding or body piercing on the minor, or in the presence of an employee or agent of such person. Any person who fraudulently misrepresents himself or herself as a parent is guilty of a class B misdemeanor.

3. A person shall not tattoo, brand or perform body piercing on another person if the other person is under the influence of intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance.

4. A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars. If there is a subsequent violation of this section within one year of the initial violation, such person shall be fined not less than five hundred dollars or more than one thousand dollars.

5. No person under the age of eighteen shall tattoo, brand or perform body piercing on another person.

(L. 1998 H.B. 1601, et al. § 24, A.L. 1999 H.B. 343)

© Copyright

bottom Missouri General Assembly

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">