• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cppd717

What is the name of your state? Arkansas. I have 2 warrants for my arrest in Arkansas. The warrants are for Violation of Arkansas hot check law. These warrants are misdemeanor charges. I now live in Oklahoma. Can I be arrested and extradited back to Arkansas on these warrants?

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

"Can I be arrested and extradited back to Arkansas on these warrants?"

Probably not...unless you are in Arkansas.

CdwJava

cppd717 said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas. I have 2 warrants for my arrest in Arkansas. The warrants are for Violation of Arkansas hot check law. These warrants are misdemeanor charges. I now live in Oklahoma. Can I be arrested and extradited back to Arkansas on these warrants?
CAN you? Sure. WILL you? Probably not.

But having a warrant dog you can have unexpected consequences ... like denial when applying for government aid, loans, or other little perks.

- Carl

cppd717

extradition

seniorjudge said:
"Can I be arrested and extradited back to Arkansas on these warrants?"

Probably not...unless you are in Arkansas.
Thank you. I am going to pay these warrants off the first of the month. I am going to go to Arkansas and turn myself in and I will make sure that I have the cash in hand to pay in full.

jayguyatlanta

Good idea. The fellow that made the comment about unpaid warrants having other consequences is so right. My brother left California for Colorado without fulfilling 2-3 warrant obligations in addition to a dui class. Consequently, when he applied to several jobs those came up - even the misdemeanors. Employers now often check for misdemeanors (except routine traffic violations) when doing a back ground check. This miscalculation on his part affected his everyday life for over 10 years - consequently - he was basically never employed or would lose a job shortly after acquiring one; this led to a severe depression which led to a serious drinking problem which ended in death. I mean he couldn't do anything in Colorado - couldn't drive - couldn't get a license - never registered his car - was afraid to go out. I never put it together until I read this thread - my brother's failure to take responsibility for the crimes he committed in California were at least a significant catalyst for his subsequent drinking problem and eventual death at 38.

logain721

I have 2 warrants against me and have been living in the state where the warrants where issued with no problems. Lots of under the table jobs in this world bud. Pluss I have found that most of the under the table jobs I have had paid more than some of my legit ones.

jayguyatlanta said:
Good idea. The fellow that made the comment about unpaid warrants having other consequences is so right. My brother left California for Colorado without fulfilling 2-3 warrant obligations in addition to a dui class. Consequently, when he applied to several jobs those came up - even the misdemeanors. Employers now often check for misdemeanors (except routine traffic violations) when doing a back ground check. This miscalculation on his part affected his everyday life for over 10 years - consequently - he was basically never employed or would lose a job shortly after acquiring one; this led to a severe depression which led to a serious drinking problem which ended in death. I mean he couldn't do anything in Colorado - couldn't drive - couldn't get a license - never registered his car - was afraid to go out. I never put it together until I read this thread - my brother's failure to take responsibility for the crimes he committed in California were at least a significant catalyst for his subsequent drinking problem and eventual death at 38.
I am consumed by remorse for the loss of you brother, as I would be if I were you. However, this post of yours, so short, so direct, displays the impact of our imperfect human existence. I myself do not wish to own-up to the wrongs committed. Show me one person who does and it would astound me. The truth is, we today have little other choice anymore. The world is becoming smaller and smaller as a result of the booming advances in technology and information storage and exchange. The best advice today, to those similarly situated as the OP, would be to directly address the issues, the tough issues, because the quality of life without doing so appears to so greatly suffer.

CdwJava

logain721 said:
I have 2 warrants against me and have been living in the state where the warrants where issued with no problems. Lots of under the table jobs in this world bud. Pluss I have found that most of the under the table jobs I have had paid more than some of my legit ones.
Lucky for you. Not everyone likes to live in the underground and live life as a criminal ... but, for me it's called 'job security.'

- Carl

logain721

CdwJava said:
Lucky for you. Not everyone likes to live in the underground and live life as a criminal ... but, for me it's called 'job security.'

- Carl

That is true, I have no job security, but its the way I must live my life sense I don't have $2,000 to pay my fines.

nanaII

logain721

One of these days you will regret not taking care of the warrants, and this usually happens when you least expect it, and probably at the least convenient time. If I were you, I would be putting some of that "good" money you are earning away in your piggy bank and taking care of this.

logain721

nanaII said:
One of these days you will regret not taking care of the warrants, and this usually happens when you least expect it, and probably at the least convenient time. If I were you, I would be putting some of that "good" money you are earning away in your piggy bank and taking care of this.
Yes, I have been saving to pay my fines. I have currently accumulated over $600.

"good money". I never said that. I simply stated that I am earning more than I was prior to my under the table jobs. You must be pretty wealthy because to me $2k is a lot of money.

nanaII

Good money

I'm currently living on $294/week unemployment, and am driving a junky, rusty 18 year old car, due to our current economy, so $2K is a fortune to me. If you have $600 right now, I would be sending that ASAP toward your fines. Every little bit you are paying on a regular basis shows you are making an effort to get this cleared up... I am not criticizing, simply offering advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">