• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

misdemenour on my record when will it show up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silverzz

does the misdemenour show up on a person's record the minute they arrest you and while in arraingtment or in trial, or does it show up after the case is done.

CdwJava

does the misdemenour show up on a person's record the minute they arrest you and while in arraingtment or in trial, or does it show up after the case is done.
What state?

And what record are we talking about? The law enforcement agency making the arrest or report will have a record of it as soon as the report is done. The state and the FBI will have a record of it as soon as prints are submitted via print card or livescan.

silverzz

in california, and a background check done for work. does it show up while the case is in the courts or after it is finished.

CdwJava

in california, and a background check done for work. does it show up while the case is in the courts or after it is finished.
There is no cookie cutter background check. If the prospective employer checks pending court cases, or, manages to check with the local police department about contacts with you, then they might find out.

CdwJava

From what I hear,

CAL is one of the worst states for selling your info to online data background companies. (which refer & give links back to county data websites)

right away local court websites publish info including all kinds of personal details, physical description, eye color weight,

They do this almost instantly...even before you get a chance to defend yourself
& If you are found NOT guilty...it will be up there too..

IF you take a plea the original charge will be disclosed too.

It is really really damaging...because it creates prejudice.

I think this should be illegal espially if found NOT guilty.

It is getting so bad they are publishing even parking tickets...all to make a buck

this stuff needs to be illegal
Talk to the CA state legislature. Government Code section 6254(f) mandates that certain records MUST be released on request. So, many agencies simply release them ahead of time so as not to waste time and resources (i.e. money and manpower) to answer public records requests from the media and individuals.

As a note while local court records are made available, state criminal offender records are not. And not every county is on line with their court cases or records, and they rarely contain all the details of the case if they are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">