• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missed court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zyk40

Upper Michigan .

I miss my court date last Friday, I got my dates screwed up and I thought it was gonna be for this Monday ,which I know is no excuse. It's for two misdemeanors for destruction of property which I paid restitution on. I was going to plead guilty and show that I paid restitution to the hotel. I have no money for a lawyer or to make bond. Not sure what to do . should I call the clerks office tomorrow or just show up at the clerks office. this county is about h 150 miles away from my house. will they come and get me if I don't do anything. Thanks

quincy

Upper Michigan .

I miss my court date last Friday, I got my dates screwed up and I thought it was gonna be for this Monday ,which I know is no excuse. It's for two misdemeanors for destruction of property which I paid restitution on. I was going to plead guilty and show that I paid restitution to the hotel. I have no money for a lawyer or to make bond. Not sure what to do . should I call the clerks office tomorrow or just show up at the clerks office. this county is about h 150 miles away from my house. will they come and get me if I don't do anything. Thanks
In the UP? Or Northern Michigan? What county?

quincy

upper peninsula menominee county
Thank you for providing that information, zyk40. I was hoping I could direct you to some free/low-cost legal assistance, but I can't for your area.

Here is a link to general information on misdemeanors that you might find helpful: http://courts.mi.gov/self-help/center/casetype/pages/misdemeanor.aspx

I recommend you speak to an attorney in your area. You can make a call to a lawyer or two in Menominee for some free over-the-phone advice that they may be willing to offer, if nothing else. You can also call the clerk's office and explain that you missed your hearing date by mistake and ask if it can be rescheduled. You could add that you already paid restitution to the hotel. I would not just show up in court at this point without an attorney accompanying you.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">