• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missed court date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lyndaficklin

What is the name of your state? louisiana
A missed court date has resulted in a arrest warrant. Upon calling to seek direction from the Sherrif's office, I inquired as to are they going to arrest me. The deputy stated no that they would just set another court date. Are law enforcement obligated to tell the truth when asked this?

HomeGuru

lyndaficklin said:
What is the name of your state? louisiana
A missed court date has resulted in a arrest warrant. Upon calling to seek direction from the Sherrif's office, I inquired as to are they going to arrest me. The deputy stated no that they would just set another court date. Are law enforcement obligated to tell the truth when asked this?

**A: of course not. What made you think that?

lyndaficklin

officers dishonest?

So, law enforcement will arrest an individual for missing court and warrant issued? Is this manditory or at their discresion?

HomeGuru

lyndaficklin said:
So, law enforcement will arrest an individual for missing court and warrant issued? Is this manditory or at their discresion?

**A: no, it is up to the court. If the judge issues the warrant, then yes.
The judge should also issue a lesson in spelling.

seniorjudge

lyndaficklin said:
You could be arrested at any moment.

When you go to court, the judge will realize that you are not taking this whole thing seriously which means he will take it extremely seriously.

outonbail

lyndaficklin So, law enforcement will arrest an individual for missing court and warrant issued? Is this manditory or at their discresion?
Yes they will, often using handcuffs! If that isn't shocking enough, if you resist arrest and behave in a manner that they believe is a threat to their safety,,,, they can shoot you! :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">