• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missed probation ..yikes !!! What do you think the outcome will be ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Posthinker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GEORGIA

I AM PROBATION FOR A TRAFFIC VIOLATION - DRIVING WHILE SUSPENDED...im on probation because I could not pay my fine upfront on the day of court. I have been paying on time and I am not in arrears with my fine or with paying the probation. I had an appointment in Jan and I missed the appointment by accident. However the rescheduled appointment I was present for..my probation office did speak with me about it and I was totally honest with her about it. She rescheduled for me to come back in to pay $100... I am not behind I just chose to pay a little extra to pay ahead however she has already seen me for the month of February. I am not mobile and she is aware of this (license suspended) my most recent appointment I went to her office however they were closed for lunch...I called and left a voicemail however she did not call me back -- I came back to the office but they were closed ...so basically my appointment was missed. I am terrified that she will issue a warrant for the missed appointment ..if she does will paying the remainder of the fine cancel out the warrant ? will the police come get me for a traffic probation warrant ? do you think the judge would allow me to continue to stay on probation considering the fact that I am caught up with everything he has ordered (work alternative and community service completed on time- no fines in arrears) ...Do you honestly think the probations officer would report a warrant for this ????

anyones opinion-feedback in the legal field would help ...im just OVERWORRIED ...I made a mistake but now I am doing MY BEST to stay on the straight and narrow

Last edited:

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GEORGIA

I AM PROBATION FOR A TRAFFIC VIOLATION - DRIVING WHILE SUSPENDED...im on probation because I could not pay my fine upfront on the day of court. I have been paying on time and I am not in arrears with my fine or with paying the probation. I had an appointment in Jan and I missed the appointment by accident. However the rescheduled appointment I was present for..my probation office did speak with me about it and I was totally honest with her about it. She rescheduled for me to come back in to pay $100... I am not behind I just chose to pay a little extra to pay ahead however she has already seen me for the month of February. I am not mobile and she is aware of this (license suspended) my most recent appointment I went to her office however they were closed for lunch...I called and left a voicemail however she did not call me back -- I came back to the office but they were closed ...so basically my appointment was missed. I am terrified that she will issue a warrant for the missed appointment ..if she does will paying the remainder of the fine cancel out the warrant ? will the police come get me for a traffic probation warrant ? do you think the judge would allow me to continue to stay on probation considering the fact that I am caught up with everything he has ordered (work alternative and community service completed on time- no fines in arrears) ...Do you honestly think the probations officer would report a warrant for this ????

anyones opinion-feedback in the legal field would help ...im just OVERWORRIED ...I made a mistake but now I am doing MY BEST to stay on the straight and narrow
A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on their part.

Your failure to properly plan your trip to see the probation office during a time when they were open is YOUR problem. I'm sure that they posted hours of operation, and it was YOUR responsibility to ensure that you were there during those times.

As for the consequences, I'm unsure if they would report a warrant for you. It's entirely possible.

HomeGuru

OP, not being mobile does not only mean you don't have a car. Can you catch a bus, cab, phone a friend, neighbor, relative, hitch hike, walk, run crawl....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">