• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mistake made listing bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lizallou

What is the name of your state? connecticut

I was arrested last Monday night. I went to court Tuesday where the judge listed my bond as $10,000. When my girlfriend came to bail me out, a mistake was made and I was listed at $1,000. My next courtdate is tomorrow and I am afraid they will take me back into custody and relist me at $10,000. Is this possible or likely? My charge is possesion of a controlled substance and drug paraphanalia. I had 14 bags of heroin on me. This is a felony charge and I am a repeat offender with midemeanor warrants in many other states. Basically, I dont want to go back to prison. So I am trying to decide if I should go back to court tomorrow and fight the case because it was illegal search and seizure, or should I just run. We dont have the money to bail me out again and my girlfriend is pregnant. If I do run, does anyone know the chances of extradition?

lizallou

not 10% bail

the 1,000 was not 10% of the bail b/c she only paid 10% of 1,000 (100) to get me out. plus $500 collateral because we do not live in the state of connecticut, so the bondsman said if i do not show up they would come after him for that amount of money and if i do go to all my court dates i get the money back.

Ozark_Sophist

Showing up for court would be evidence a $1000 bond is appropriate. Plus, in the long run, it would save you from definite prison time. This way you can fight the drug charge win or lose. If you run, you will have FTA time at minimum.

lizallou

thanks, thats a good point. they had said before i would be considered a flight risk due to my other warrants, but I feel by showing up that would also help prove im not a flight risk. im also concerned though because at the time i was not eligible for a public defender but ive since been laid off and therefor cant afford a lawyer so i dont want to get ****ed tomorrow because i have no representation.

lizallou

i dont blame her or put any responisbility on her for this. except the fact is our money is our money,we live together and have a common law marriage. and no we dont want to abort because weve been trying to have a baby for awhile.

lizallou

and i dont deal drugs. there is no distribution charge. that was my own personal supply to last me a few days before i started taking the suboxone i had just bought to kick.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">