• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

[MN] - Need some help - friend got caught with his brothers ID.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimbroan

My friend got caught for graffiti, but all he had on him was his brothers ID. He was not put in jail he was just given a citation.

The cops think it was his brother, not him. His brother can easily prove it wasn't him (hes in a different state).

What are the chances of my friend being identified? There may have been video cameras in the cars when we were detained. So lets say, if they have my friends picture. What are the chances that the house on the address of the ID will get raided???
What are the chances they will have people comparing my friends photo from the cameras in the car to a database of peoples pictures, and how likely do you think it is that they will look for a picture of the brother of the person whose ID it was, and compare?

Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My friend got caught for graffiti, but all he had on him was his brothers ID. He was not put in jail he was just given a citation.

The cops think it was his brother, not him. His brother can easily prove it wasn't him (hes in a different state).

What are the chances of my friend being identified? There may have been video cameras in the cars when we were detained. So lets say, if they have my friends picture. What are the chances that the house on the address of the ID will get raided???
What are the chances they will have people comparing my friends photo from the cameras in the car to a database of peoples pictures, and how likely do you think it is that they will look for a picture of the brother of the person whose ID it was, and compare?

Thanks
Cool. So he also participated in IDENTITY THEFT. Your friend is about to get a felony charge. Congrats to him for his stupidity.

jimbroan

I didn't ask what crime he committed, I asked what your personal opinion is on the likely hood of him getting caught.

He doesn't live at the address on the ID, he lives in a different city, he can change his appearance, no one who lives at the address on the ID knows who he is, and again the cops only have video of him, no fingerprints.

justalayman

He doesn't live at the address on the ID, he lives in a different city, he can change his appearance, no one who lives at the address on the ID knows who he is, and again the cops only have video of him, no fingerprints.
so his own brother doesn't know who he is or where he lives?

If dummy provided his brothers ID as his own, they are going to issue a warrant for brother. You think brother is going to be all thrilled about getting arrested and tossed in jail, charged with whatever the citation was for, and a failure to appear charge?

While he may be able to prove it wasn't him, you do realize that that may mean he has to go to trial to be given the opportunity to prove it, right?

Gee, with brothers like that, who needs enemies. A bit of a dysfunctional family?

wouldn't it be a hoot to dummy if brother's alibi isn't seen as valid and brother gets a nice little jail sentence and criminal record?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">