• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MN Search Warrant and Application for Search Warrant Question. PLEASE RESPOND!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gavian

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I have a search Warrant that was issued to me on 8-19-04. The search warrant was signed by the judge on 8-18-04. i know they have 10 days to execute the search warrant. The APPLICATION for the search warrant is dated 8-19-04 which is one day AFTER the search warrant was executed! Can Law Enforcement apply for a search warrant AFTER they've already executed the search warrant? Seems a little wrong to me....Someone help me out!!! thank you!

The Occultist

This case has been going on for 3 years, but you don't have an attorney? Are you stupid? (no offense)

If you do have an attorney, you should be posing these questions to him.

Gavian

It's a long drawn out story. Had a lawyer, he removed himself from the case (personal reasons). Going down the road of representing myself. I have enough evidence without the question I asked to bury the prosecution, but I want to make sure I have the last nail in the coffin. After this is over i am bringing a lawsuit against the county. I just want to know, can a search warrant application be sined and dated for AFTER the search warrant has already been executed. Someone respond to that question. i don't need any other advise other than that. Thank you.

seniorjudge

Q: I just want to know, can a search warrant application be sined and dated for AFTER the search warrant has already been executed.

A: In general, no; I have no idea what the facts are in your case so that answer doesn't apply to your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">