• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Movie trope about police officers choosing prison locations for criminals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lambsilencer

Hi there

I joined this board because a question keeps nagging on me for quite some time.

I know movies are not reality, but I still wonder how much of it is real. In TV shows and movies, police and federal agents often threat suspects with "sending them to the worst prison imaginable", or, even worse, send them to a prison block where they won't survive twelve hours if they don't cooperate.

So, my questions: Can the police actually decide to put someone in a specific prison, prison block, solitary etc. to put extra pressure on cooperating, or to simply enact some personal punishment or revenge? And what would happen to a police officer or FBI agent if he deliberately sent someone to a prison block where he or she knew or must strongly suspect the person would be attacked or killed, and then the person actually ends up severely injured or dead?

I'm curious to know from a legal standpoint here. So thanks for any answers in advance.

Greets
Lambsilencer

Silverplum

Hi there

I joined this board because a question keeps nagging on me for quite some time.

I know movies are not reality, but I still wonder how much of it is real. In TV shows and movies, police and federal agents often threat suspects with "sending them to the worst prison imaginable", or, even worse, send them to a prison block where they won't survive twelve hours if they don't cooperate.

So, my questions: Can the police actually decide to put someone in a specific prison, prison block, solitary etc. to put extra pressure on cooperating, or to simply enact some personal punishment or revenge? And what would happen to a police officer or FBI agent if he deliberately sent someone to a prison block where he or she knew or must strongly suspect the person would be attacked or killed, and then the person actually ends up severely injured or dead?

I'm curious to know from a legal standpoint here. So thanks for any answers in advance.

Greets
Lambsilencer
So, you think police/agents decide where a prisoner is sent?

Less tv, more non-fiction books for you. You don't know how your government works! :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">