• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

municiapl jurisdiction, dog bite, colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomboy

What is the name of your state? colorado
So I had a little dog bite incident with a neighbor. I was cited in my city and have had to go to municipal court. I plea bargained a 1 yr deferred sentence. The judge imposed certain restrictions on my dog, has to be on a certain leash, has to be muzzled at certain times etc.

My question is, if I move to a different city and county, do I still have to abide by the court's restrictions on certain kind of leash, muzzling times and so on, or does that judgment only apply in the city where the incident occurred? (basically, what is the municipal court's jurisdiction for this?)

What happens after the 1yr deferred sentence if there are no issues? charges dismissed? Do I then continue to have to abide the leash, muzzle judgments in that city?

(not that I have issues following the judgment, I just want to know my rights)
Thanks
-tomboy

xylene

Why not just inquire to the court?

Ideally you could inquire about sending your dog to 'the' farm. That would be best. :(

racer72

Court decisions are good state wide. Jurisdiction only applies to the prosecution, not the sentence.

tomboy

Thanks for the info guys.

So what about the deferred sentence?
If there are no further violations, the charges are considered dismissed after 1 year. Does that mean the court orders on the dog are dismissed as well, or do they remain in place?

Thanks
-tomboy

outonbail

Thanks for the info guys.

So what about the deferred sentence?
If there are no further violations, the charges are considered dismissed after 1 year. Does that mean the court orders on the dog are dismissed as well, or do they remain in place?

Thanks
-tomboy
What your real concern here should be, is that you now have a history of not controlling your officially documented vicious dog. I can tell you from an experience that a good friend of mine went through, where his dog bit someone, he was penalized and given orders of what he must do to ensure the animal couldn't get lose and attack anyone again.
Well, that day came and his dog sunk it's teeth into another victim.
He ended up selling a rental property he purchased as an investment so he could pay off the judgment this second victim was awarded.

The animal was then put down. A very expensive pet that one turned out to be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">