• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My friend got a $500 ticket for driving on a suspended license while I was driving?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Logitech30006

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

So this is the deal, my friend came to visit me. Upon entering my town he passed a local cop, he told me the cop flipped a U-Turn and followed him to my house, slowly driving by staring at us.
We went inside to talk for a few, we noticed the cop was sitting down the road across from the store with his car pointed at my house.

My friend proceeded to tell me his DL was suspended and he should of brought his girlfriend to drive. So I sat and talked to him for a few more minutes. The cop left, so it seemed.
The cop pulled around the store down the road where he was not visible but could see the exit to my road. So my friend kindly asked me if I would drive him out of town and have my wife follow us and I would just switch back to my car after we got out of town.

Understanding he could go to jail if I didn't I said why not. We left my house with me driving. I pulled up to the stop sign with my wife behind us, I then turned left (yes I always use my blinker, its a habit) and next thing I know he is behind us with his lights on. So I pull over he walks up to my window and asks me for insurance and my license and to sit in the car with him, So I did.
He then asked me if I know why he pulled me over and I calmly said No. He then told me I blew the stop sign
He then proceeded to call in my license which came back clean besides a speeding ticket back in 2013, the insurance was confirmed valid. Then told me he would give me a verbal warning for running the stop sign, which I obviously didn't (By the way this car has no dashcam)

He then asks me how I knew my friend and what his name was. I told him, he asked why I was driving and I told him, Because my friend doesn't have a license, he said I know, I pulled him over in West Siloam (The police station he was fired from for wrongful stops a week or so ago) then proceeded to laugh and say I have a good memory don't I and that he remembered him because of his "Curly Hair" then told me to tell my friend to come to the car since he was the one he wanted to really talk with.
After sitting for 25 minutes, my friend returned and told me he gave him a $500 ticket for driving on a suspended license.
Next he began to tell me what the cop said. One of the first thing's was he saw him driving earlier and he knew he didn't have a license because of his "curly hair" once again, he claim's to have stopped him in West Siloam.

My friend then said he replied with "Isn't that profiling?", While the officer replied with "Its just human nature" and then asked to search the car, My friend then kindly told him no, and that its nothing against him as a police officer, he just wants to practice his rights, the cop then threatened to call in dogs and if any drugs was found in the car, My wife(Whom was in my 300 following us then stopped at the store next to us and went inside),Him and I would go to jail.

My friend then told him he has prescription drugs in the car and that's it. The officer then said "So you just admitted you have drugs in your car & has the right to search the car."

My friend then told him the prescription's was in his name, The officer then asked him to get them and show them to him. So he did.

Then the officer cited him with a $500 ticket for driving on a suspended license and released him.

Sorry for the text wall, I didn't want to leave out a detail. He has court tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out if this is fightable since I was driving when he pulled us over?

He has court tomorrow, and I told him I would try to help him out as I felt that it was wrongful that he even received a ticket. I've done countless google searchs and couldn't find anything on this matter.

If anyone could give me there knowledgeable view on this matter, I would be rather thankful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">