• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husband the parolee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wsddld

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania my husband is a felon and sex offender. He is now out on parole and since a family member was his victim he is not allowed to see me his wife. The victim is in her twenties now. I was wondering if legally the parole board can keep me from seeing my husband is there anyway I can do something about that.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania my husband is a felon and sex offender. He is now out on parole and since a family member was his victim he is not allowed to see me his wife. The victim is in her twenties now. I was wondering if legally the parole board can keep me from seeing my husband is there anyway I can do something about that.
The parole board can't keep you from seeing him, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences. Like returning him to prison.

And on a side note: what the heck is wrong with you? Why would you want to be with a man who sexually molested a child?!!!! :mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I got to agree with what the others have said. Except if you want to fight this, you most likely might have a case but would need an attorney to get the restriction lifted/voided due to unconstitutionality.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">